Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Is this name butch or beautiful?

Beautiful!

We had it on our list for a while, and it always got the best feedback!

I think you should use it. For a while I wanted to use Bronwyn and Breslin for my daughters names, and people always said that Breslin was a boys name. I never heard that about Bronwyn. The Welsh use the spelling Bronwyn for a boy and Bronwen for a girl, sort of the opposite of what we do in America. I think Bronwyn is the more attractive spelling for a girl. Excellent choice! Love the name, not enough people use it!
    *November & Hunter*

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bronwyn!!! It was my first choice for years!! It is classic yet different. It goes perfectly with Charlotte. Charlotte is beautiful but it is very common so of course 90% of people will love it. I'm just saying this to explain why people may pause at Bronwyn, everyone has different tatse. You need to go with what you love and be rest assured Bronwyn is still classic. It's not like you are naming her Moonbeam.
    Sadly, My husband nixed it, he likes even more unusual names and I gave in.

Well, this name gets a lot of love on Nameberry, but to be honest, it is rather 'brawny' to me.

It's beautiful! I knew a Bronwen in high school too and it really fit her - smart, feminine but not girly-girly. The sort of girl who was in the top 5 of her class, on the softball team but on the homecoming court, too.

With Charlotte, though, it does make me think Bronte. Not that that's a bad thing.