Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holiday?

Holiday?

I recently read the novella 'Breakfast At Tiffany's', by Truman Capote, and the main character goes by the name of 'Holly Golightly'.
    However, the author stated that her mailbox read: '(Miss) Holiday Golightly'.
    I am now kind of digging this name for a girl, spelled either Holiday or Holliday.
    Any thoughts on this?
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

Re: Holiday?

My first reaction was, no! But then I imagined a little girl and I thought, yes. Then I tried to imagine an old lady with that name and again I thought, no! So, I have to say, that imo maybe it's a bit too out there.

I know one adult woman with the first name Holliday. She is lovely and a very successful woman!

It's not what I would choose personally, but I think it could work. I have a friend whose last name is Holliday, so I think of it more as a surname name. I think it would be extra cool if there was a family connection like that - like if it was a maiden name or something.

At first I thought no. But if you actually picture it Holliday seems like a good name. If you like it go for it!