Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Owenne Olivia Mercy

what do you all think of this name?
    She would be called Owenne Olivia, possibly hyphenated to Owenne-Olivia so people don't just use Owenne, and maybe knock down Owenne to Owen to make it Owen-Olivia. What do you think? I think it is a great combo, but I've gotten mixed responses.
    *November & Hunter*

Re: Owenne Olivia Mercy

The name has a great flow and it's fun to see alliteration with the letter O which is rare. The spelling Owenne makes me want to put the stress on the last syllable, like o-WHEN which is not as lovely and probably not what you intended. The spelling Owen is just so masculine I wonder why you're using it for a girl. Owen Olivia is of course obviously female but I've heard from people with double names that the second name gets dropped a lot. Is Owen itself significant or do you just like the name? If you just like the name, how about:

Odette Olivia Mercy
    Olwen Olivia Mercy
    Osanne Olivia Mercy
    Orly Olivia Mercy
    Opal Olivia Mercy

The name Rowena is very signifcant to me but I couldn't find a way to pronounce it that I liked enough. So I want to go with Owen. I don't really think it is all that masculine, it is just masculine enough. Names like Madison and Shannon (which were first male names) look a whole lot more masculine to me than Owen. I think it's a great name for a girl, I just think it is too simple to use considering the other sib names I will probably eventually use. I know sometimes double names get dropped, which is why I would hyphenate it to maybe prevent that from happening. If people chose to call her Owen I would correct them. I don't think it would be too hard to keep Owen-Olivia if she was raised knowing her first name was Owen-Olivia. I know several Mary-Katherine's, and unless they decided to knock of the Katherine by their own choice I have never heard one of them called just Mary. Thanks for the suggestions. The only other O names I like enough to consider using as first names are Odessa and Olive, neither of which would work with my current O.O name.
    *November & Hunter*

You wouldn't get the O.O. but you should also consider Rowen-Olivia rather than Owen or Owenne.
    Rowen is a more common unisex name while Owen is still considered quite masculine.

I think Rowen-Olivia sounds lovely, though I love the name Rowena so I would just go with Rowena if I were you.

Rowen is a beautiful name, the only problem is it is quite common. I've baby-sat for several and know of many more. I liked Rowena because it was simlar to Ravenna, a name I was going to use before I discovered Rowena. Ravenna-I loved how it looked but not how it sounded. The biggest problem with Rowena is that people pronounce it every which way- ro-ee-nuh, rowin-uh, and roh-enna are the 3 I always hear. I personally like the pronunciation rowe-nuh, which knocks it down to two syallables and is easier on the the tongue, I think, Any thoughts on that?
    *November & Hunter*