Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kaitlyn or Katherine?

DH and I have settled on Kate for our baby girl's name... but are not agreeing on what her full formal name should be. Which do you prefer? And why?

What kind of girl do you picture when you hear each name?

Re: Kaitlyn or Katherine?

I prefer Katherine - timeless classic. Kaitlyn is a little too trendy for my taste but there is nothing wrong with it - just my personal preference. Try kabalarians.com to compare the names.

I prefer Katherine. it is timeless and classic. I picture Kate as a sophisticated, chic young woman and as a very cute girl! I think Katherine works better throughout a lifetime. I picture Kaitlyn as a young child, not as an adult woman. I may be a little biased though, because I have a fabulous 4 year old niece whose name is Katherine, but is called Kate or Kate Kate. Good luck.

I prefer Katherine by far. Kaitlyn is way overdone, not to mention its started to sound very dated. Katherine is chaming and timeless and will never go out of style. Katherine is more mature also, and will age far better than the childish Kaitlyn.
    *Under Construction*

Katherine hands down. Katherine is a timeless classic. Katelyn/Caitlin/however you spell it is a trend that's feeling dated.
    Mother of Theodore Atlas and Katherine Juno
    Teddy and Kitty

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9783054