Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Does anyone like Mildred?

No... sorry. It sounds like a combination of mildew and dread squished together. Millie is an okay nickname though.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

And now introducing Bear! ----->
    O___O
    (*.-.*) <Hunny hunny nom nom <3)
    (”| |“)
    (””|““)

Hmm.. I sort of have a weird inclination to like this name, probably similar to the feelings you have towards it. It's a name that was once SO well loved and now so out of favor.. what's up with that?

I also loveeeee Maud and Millicent.. so maybe I am just the weird one.

I put Mildred in the same category as Dorcas. I like them both for inexplicable reasons, but I would never use them. I do sort of like the idea of 5 sisters with the youngest being a little Maud, Millicent, Dorcas or Mildred though.. I am just as delusional as you! :shock:

I actually do like Mildred. I pronounce it mil-DRID so I'm not getting the "dread" at the end. The nickname Milly is cute.

I like Mildred too, and like the last commenter, I pronounce it Mil-Drid, so I don't get "dread" either. This isn't a name I would personally use, but I would love to see it on someone else! The best part is that you can always call her Millie, which is actually coming back into the mainstream. Millicent would be a good alternative if you find yourself unable to use this.

I like Mildred and the nn Millie as well.
    It fits with other names I like:
    Enid, Edith, Matilda, Esther and Gertrude.
    I also pronounce this name mill-drid.
    Mommy to Hermione Grace (02*23*2011)
    Future Sibs:
    Peter Halen ~ Isolde Jane ~ Conrad Gray ~ Rowena Claire ~ Edmund North ~ Beatrix Rose ~ Miles Xavier