Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

spelling of Talene

I am going to use Talene as one of my girls names, pronounced tuh-leen. I'd always been certain of the spelling Talene, but because I wanted to use the nickname Tali my friend suggested Taliene. I'm not sure I'm sold on that either. Other ones I have considered are Tahlene and Tailene. I'd appreciate thoughts as to what's the best way to spell it without having people mispronounce it all the time. I still prefer Talene but fear it's too boring.
    *November & Hunter*

Re: spelling of Talene

With Talene, I guess there would be two likely pronunciations, tuh-leen or tuh-len. I would not use Taliene because I would prn that tally-en or tally-een. I would definitely not use Tailene because of the 'tail' part. I guess you could do Taleen. I don't think any of them are too boring.

Have you considered the spelling Taline? It's the name of an ancient Armenian cathedral (though I think now they've changed the spelling to 'Talin'....)and I've always thought it was pretty, and it would also allow you to use the nn 'Tali' without changing the spelling too much...
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I don't think people would pronounce Talene "tuh-len", just because I know several Helene's and no one pronounces their name "huh-len". I have thought about Taline but feared people would pronounce it like it looks- tuh-line, as in a straight line, or the ending of Madeline the cartoon character. But now that I now what you said about the cathedral, I may have to consider. I like that it would have a special historical bit to it. Is the cathedral's name said tuh-leen?
    *November & Hunter*

If you are going with the pronunciation Tuh-LEEN, then I would go with Taleen, Taline or Talene -- whichever you think looks the nicest.

I actually tend to like the spelling Helene prn. Hell-ehn-uh, that is the spelling and pronunciation in Germany. I don't think you would run into that problem in the US though.

My preference would be to choose Nataline - you can still use the Tali nn. Really lovely!