Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cielle?

Re: cielle?

I love Ciel. I prefer the spelling Ciel, but Cielle is still pretty.

Good luck!

I love Ciel or Cielle - the French pronunciation of Ciel though is quite different, just one quick syllable that is awfully close to Seal in English... therefore I think if you want those TWO syllables, Cielle is for you!

Good luck!

I love Ciel or Cielle - the French pronunciation of Ciel though is quite different, just one quick syllable that is awfully close to Seal in English... therefore I think if you want those TWO syllables, Cielle is for you!

Good luck!

I don't think it goes well with Iris at all. Iris is a lovely, classic, sophisticated name and Cielle is a trendy, misspelled French word. If you want a name that means 'sky', how about Celia, Alia, Sora, or Lani? Also, Ciela is actually a legitimate Esperanto name; I like it much better than Cielle.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Quote Originally Posted by irisrose
    I don't think it goes well with Iris at all. Iris is a lovely, classic, sophisticated name and Cielle is a trendy, misspelled French word. If you want a name that means 'sky', how about Celia, Alia, Sora, or Lani? Also, Ciela is actually a legitimate Esperanto name; I like it much better than Cielle.
    Celia and Iris would be stunning! I never knew the alternative meaning for Celia was sky/heaven. I think it's beautiful and works so much better with Iris than Ciel does.

Best of luck!
    28 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie, Quentin, Lilac, Otto, Mirabelle, Emrys, Thea, Xavier, Angelica, Harlan, Phoebe, Byron, Tabitha, Lennox