Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: my top 2 names seem stale now. HELP

Hello Rollo,
    Ah NAY eese is exactly how I have heard it said. Yes, we have considered Indiana. I have a friend named Indiana so I feel like the name belongs to her and DH fells like it belongs to Mr. Jones. Thank you for your suggestions they are not bothering me at all. My sisters boyfriend told me that he attended University with an Anais and that she had nicknames like "on her knees" and "all four please". This of course has really put me off the name all together How do you feel about Paloma? The last name would be (like sorry dont want DH to google it as we are not supposed to get outside help) Parr-Koffen. I think Paloma Parr-Koffen sounds very nice. My concern with Indie is that Indie Parr-Koffen does not sound as feminine and Lila (leelah).

Quote Originally Posted by merylp
    Hello Rollo,
    How do you feel about Paloma? I think Paloma Parr-Koffen sounds very nice. My concern with Indie is that Indie Parr-Koffen does not sound as feminine and Lila (leelah).
    Hi Meryl

In answer to your question 'how do I feel about Paloma'. I have thought about it and I think I can understand why you like it, and I believe because it is a feminine name, it is unusual, it has a lovely flowing style and works with Lilah, Miro and your surname.

I feel in two minds about it, on the one hand if I came from a European background I may use Paloma and follow the theme with her siblings but and this is where I fall down I am struggling a little for two reasons I can't think of a girly nn for Paloma and it still feels a little out of my comfort zone for naming.

However, I went on a mission and looked at hundreds of names so that I could suggest some alternatives for you. I found quite a few that I liked that started with L or M eg Lydia and Matilda, so I kept going till I found a few that may scrape in but I am not sure but here are a few suggestions, just in case there is a name out there that you prefer over the two main options at the moment ie Paloma and Indie.

I thought it would be good to find a name with an L in it because it helps to give a softer more flowing feel so here goes

Hazel
    Noelle
    Pearl
    Petula
    Adele
    Talitha
    Jocelyn
    Felicia
    Elise/a
    Ainsley
    Hilary
    Alice
    Glenys
    Delta
    Elva
    Marcella
    Delia
    Cecilia
    Cecily
    Linnea
    Angelina (too Jolie?)
    Natalie
    Liesel/Lise
    Amelia
    Juliet
    Emilia
    Jocelyn
    Helena
    Julia
    Valena
    Valerie
    Elysia
    Elodie
    Dahlia
    Calista
    Alana
    Lois/Louise/a
    Polly

Here are two that name remind me of Indie but are more feminine sounding (I like these)

Ilani meaning 'my tree'
    Alani meaning 'orange tree'

Unusual but pretty

Tallou

names without the ''l"

Daphne
    Jacinta
    Serafina
    Vivian
    Winona
    Andrea
    Naomi
    Audrey
    Anita
    Fiona
    Deidre

Last but not least Aurora nn Rory

A few combos
    Ilani Vivian
    Alani Juliet
    Aurora Naomi
    Valerie Hazel
    Winona Therese
    Natalie Marcella

All of this was probably no help but I enjoyed trying to find the needle in the haystack ie the elusive name that you feel is 'the name'.

with best wishes

rollo

PS I forgot one of my favourites, the beautiful Jemima
    Psalm 23

My daughter's name is Paloma. I might be a little biased , but I think it's a great name! It's classic and feminine, yet unique. And it means "dove" which brings beautiful imagery to the mind. Since she was born we have gotten nothing but compliments on how lovely her name is. For a nickname I call her Loma a lot of the time. That just kind of happened naturally.