Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A challenge for you berries!

I need help!

Basically, I like short simple "normal" names and my husband loves what I consider to be ridiculously ott girly names - if it's less than 4 syllables he's not interested... When naming our first we compromised by giving her 2 names, a frilly one for him which is on her birth certificate which is based on one of my favourites which I use. Her name is Amiria/Amy.

Can anyone think of anyway to make any of these names a lot longer and more complicated without it looking too made up?: Michelle, Sophie, Hannah, Nicole, Lucy, Adele, Elise, Nora, Laura, Holly.

We have this short list so far:
    Eleonora (Nora)
    Evelia (Evie) - eh-vay-lee-ah
    Rosaria (Rose)
    Lilliana (Lily)
    Luciana (Lucy)
    Magnolia (Maggie)

If you can think of any other name combinations you think may be suitable, then we are all ears but it will need to be a short name that could stand alone paired with a much longer frillier version to appease DH!

Thankyou so much, Jess

Re: A challenge for you berries!

*Under Construction*

I also came up with Nicoletta (or if he can go 3 syllables, Nicolette) those are the prettiest names on the whole list!

Quote Originally Posted by jessryan

Can anyone think of anyway to make any of these names a lot longer and more complicated without it looking too made up?: Michelle, Sophie, Hannah, Nicole, Lucy, Adele, Elise, Nora, Laura, Holly.
    Some of these aren't too much longer than the shorter versions you like. Some of them I like and some I'm not as fond of (also, there are many possible spellings of some of these), but I just thought I'd give as many as I could come up with so you had lots to consider with your husband! I really like a lot of your shorter options (esp. Sophie, Hannah, Lucy, Adele, Elise). We actually have a daughter named Adelaide, but haven't shortened it at all so far.

Michealina, Micheline ("Michelle")
    Hannelore, Hannelora ("Hannah")
    Nicolette, Nicoletta, Nicolina, Nicola ("Nicole")
    Lucia, Lucille, Lucilla, Luciella, Lucette, Lucetta ("Lucy")
    Adelia, Adelina, Adeline, Adelaide, Adelaida ("Adele")
    Lorelei, Lauralee, Laurette, Lauretta/Loretta ("Laura")
    Eliora, Eliana, Elisia, Eloisia ("Elise")
    Norabelle, Honora, Honoria ("Nora")

Keep us updated with what you like and what your husband chooses.