Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: my top 2 names seem stale now. HELP

The region of Navarre is an ancient land that shares a 130km frontier with France and is bordered by Rioja, the smallest region of Spain. There are 9 crossing points into France and as a border region, Navarre has had its fair share of conflicts and signs of this are evident everywhere, with ruins of castles and fortified buildings.

Romans, Christians, Muslims and Jews have all made their mark on the region and its architecture is as diverse as its landscape.

Here the jota, an energetic dance is well known, as is the Fiesta de San Fermin, a festival when bulls run through the streets of Pamplona, Navarre's capital and major city.

I think I like Navarra for a girl and Navarro for a boy.
    Psalm 23

Yay! I'm glad you like the combos Anais Peridot just flows so nicely I think.

Hi Meryl

I hope that we can sort this out for you; I have slept on it overnight.

Anais was a name high on the list I had for my daughter's baby and it is very pretty but it comes with potential problems for people in English speaking countries mispronouncing it to sound something like anus of course that could be overcome by one of those tryndy/oonique spellings that we nameberries love eg Aniece (that doesn't look too bad now that I have written it down).

If you lived in France I would be 110% for it but because of mentioned problems I hesitate.

Peridot firstly is a great gem and a lovely soft and pretty word I like it very much, could we go with Peridot Anais? That way we get rid of the potential problems and still get a beautiful name. It also follows the trend towards names ending in the 'o' sound eg Marlowe and Margot.

Bijou is a pretty name and I keep thinking of the bayou and swamps down in Louisiana. If you wanted a sweet French style name and didn't mind two of your children sharing a first initial in this case M and the name I have in mind is Mignon.

Onto Nava this one doesn't do much for me but I do like Navarra, combo Navarra Indigo.

Azure is a great colour and reminds me of the sea but it is hard to say much easier to say as Azura but if you wanted that sound I would definitely go for Azaria which is a gorgeous name with a lovely meaning. Azaria nn Ria.

Here are a few more names to consider

Quiana I really like this it has a soft and pretty sound, and has the kind of vibe that you like imo, Quianna Shae.
    Raina I am not sure if I prefer this to Raine but I like both, Raina Peridot.
    Pia combo Pia Ilona
    Anais Willow
    Navarra Penelope, Navarra Ellen

Let me know if any of these suggestions were helpful.

all the best,

rollo
    Psalm 23

I love Indie.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo
    Hi Meryl

I hope that we can sort this out for you; I have slept on it overnight.

Anais was a name high on the list I had for my daughter's baby and it is very pretty but it comes with potential problems for people in English speaking countries mispronouncing it to sound something like anus of course that could be overcome by one of those tryndy/oonique spellings that we nameberries love eg Aniece (that doesn't look too bad now that I have written it down).

If you lived in France I would be 110% for it but because of mentioned problems I hesitate.

Peridot firstly is a great gem and a lovely soft and pretty word I like it very much, could we go with Peridot Anais? That way we get rid of the potential problems and still get a beautiful name. It also follows the trend towards names ending in the 'o' sound eg Marlowe and Margot.

Bijou is a pretty name and I keep thinking of the bayou and swamps down in Louisiana. If you wanted a sweet French style name and didn't mind two of your children sharing a first initial in this case M and the name I have in mind is Mignon.

Onto Nava this one doesn't do much for me but I do like Navarra, combo Navarra Indigo.

Azure is a great colour and reminds me of the sea but it is hard to say much easier to say as Azura but if you wanted that sound I would definitely go for Azaria which is a gorgeous name with a lovely meaning. Azaria nn Ria.

Here are a few more names to consider

Quiana I really like this it has a soft and pretty sound, and has the kind of vibe that you like imo, Quianna Shae.
    Raina I am not sure if I prefer this to Raine but I like both, Raina Peridot.
    Pia combo Pia Ilona
    Anais Willow
    Navarra Penelope, Navarra Ellen

Let me know if any of these suggestions were helpful.

all the best,

rollo
    Dear Rollo,
    Thank you so much for putting so much thought into your post! I am worried about the pronuncuation issue with Anais but I have had pronunciation issues w my own name and once I correct people once then they get it right. However my DH is worried about Anais being to difficult to say. I love Peridot but DH is only tolerating it as a middle name so I dont think I should push it for a first name. Peridot has huge problems with pronunciation.

I would really not want another M name as I already have a MIro and my name starts with an M. I agree Azure can be difficult to say. Navarra is very interesting let me think about this name. Thank you so much for your suggestions!

-Meryl