Names Searched Right Now:
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    Bella and Jake as siblings really bugs me. I must have heard met three sets of this pairing, and it's not just the Isabella and Jacob from Twilight fact that bothers me, but that it's also the name of two characters on a preschool kids' TV show in the UK. I mean, get some popular culture knowledge.
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye

Ridiculously misspelled names, completely made up names, and names with punctuation in them. I'm a substitute teacher and it totally bugs me when kids are super rude when you don't pronounce their name right because it's spelled wrong. I feel like saying, "Don't blame me. Your parents are the ones who gave you a dumb name." I don't say that, of course. I just think it REALLY hard.

I also seriously hate Nevaeh. It's so cheesy and just doesn't even sound nice at all. My husband and I actually made fun of this name when I was pregnant, and then there ended up being one in the room next to our daughter in the NICU.

I actually really like old-fashioned names. I always have, though, not just now that it's a trend. It's probably a good thing I had my husband's input in naming out daughter, otherwise she might have ended up with a total hipster name, which just isn't us.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Bella and Jake as siblings really bugs me. I must have heard met three sets of this pairing, and it's not just the Isabella and Jacob from Twilight fact that bothers me, but that it's also the name of two characters on a preschool kids' TV show in the UK. I mean, get some popular culture knowledge.
    They're both ridiculously popular names. Since the names are so popular, it's not surprising people use them as siblings. If the names were Harry and Hermione or Rosalie and Jasper, it'd be a totally different story.

I agree with the -aden names.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

With me, it's Addison and all the spelling variations. Last year at our church, we had 5 3-year-old Addisons in the same room, all spelled differently (Addysynn, Addisyn, so on and so forth).

For boys, I've been hearing Matthew/Matt a lot lately. It's not an annoying or bad name by any means (I actually like it as a name!) but I just hear it so much. The same goes for William/Will.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    They're both ridiculously popular names. Since the names are so popular, it's not surprising people use them as siblings. If the names were Harry and Hermione or Rosalie and Jasper, it'd be a totally different story.

I agree with the -aden names.
    It's funny you should mention that because when I was in high school I had a teacher who had a daughter called Hermione and his wife was pregnant with twins and they named them Harry & Archie. We joked to him that Archie should be named Ronald instead..
    Arlo|Finn|Oliver|Taylor|Fox|Rhodes|Archer|Bram|Bay |Lane|Evett|Tyne|Bodhi

Everly|Arla|Clementine|Avalon|Iris|Charla|Allegra| Nova|Lark|Birdie|Ione|Indigo|Lumina