Names Searched Right Now:
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amberdaydream View Post
    A name that REALLY claws and crawls into my gut is Katniss
    Quote Originally Posted by supermrspackman View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I HATE the name Katniss. Every time it shows up in the "Today's Most Popular Names" section of the homepage it makes me wonder why people like it. It sounds like catnip every time I hear it.
    YES! I can't stand it either. I apologize in advance to anyone who likes the name...

Nevaeh. I have loathed this name since it first came into existence and time has done nothing to diminish that.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9812414

Current Favorites: Emmeline, Claire, Iris, Verity, Jane, Freya, Josephine, Quinn, Andromeda, Xanthe, Claudia, Kenzie, Molly, Henrietta, Elodie, Schuyler, Famke, Rowan, Addison, Jade

Caspian, Bennett, Rafferty, Jameson, Ezra, August, Phoenix, Holden, Grayson, Mercer, Josiah, Oliver, Harry, Callen, Arthur, Liam, Montgomery, Kai, Ulysses, Charlie

Oliver. I know it's getting more popular, but I just can't get the song from the Oliver Twist musical out of my head:

"Oliver, Oliver
    What will he do when he's turned black and blue
    He will rue the day somebody named him Ol-i-ver"

Also: Katniss and Dashiell. It seems like they're on the nameberry front page every single week in giant letters. Why??!!

Names that sound like someone took a traditional/trendy name and just randomized a few of the letters: Kason, Zayden, etc.

Neveah. If you want to name your kid after Heaven, why not just call her Heaven? I don't understand the significance of spelling it backwards.

Yoonikke spellings of traditional names. It doesn't make a child unique. It makes me think that the child's parents flunked out of Kindergarten. Me'kay-luh, McKaylla, Makinlee, etc.
    Last edited by alecto; March 7th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

The only major Pet peeve I have is JRs or I, II, III. I feel like people are to lazy to give a child their own name. Two of my In laws have down this and it drives me nuts...Along with the fact that their Alexander is nick named Allie(faints)

I met a couple last year that had a baby girl and named her Sophia Isabella. Really? The 2 most popular names in America right now? I was bummed.