Names Searched Right Now:
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    I also want to add to my rant the names John of EVERY variation, Shawn (I used to like this name but its SO overused it has lost all appeal) Jason, Matthew, Mark and Joshua.
    These names just need to be retired already! and I need to add that Jane, Mary/Marie (of EVERY form), Jean/Gean, Sue, Paige, Blanche, Sylvia, Diane (every variation), and Barbera are the most, sorry to say, boring names I have ever heard, Jane being the worst. It just comes across like there was no thought put into it.
    ok I think im done now lol

Plain names that people love to say are "strong" example: John, George, Fred, Edward
    Obnoxiously girly names: Seraphina, Anastasia, Mirabella
    The Grandmother trend: Gertrude, Evelyn, Rose, Alice, Beatrice
    The tacky rhyming names: Brayden, Jayden, Caylin,
    The 90's girl names, my least favorite: Britney, Katelyn, Ashley, Tiffany, Kristen, Nicole

I'm not gonna lie, I HATE the name Katniss. Every time it shows up in the "Today's Most Popular Names" section of the homepage it makes me wonder why people like it. It sounds like catnip every time I hear it.
    Lincoln Joshua, Born 1/3/13
    Baby #2, Due May 25th, 2014

@ calypso I hate those names too.

@supermrspackman I think that it is partly because of the series of books and the movie The Hunger Games. The main character in that book is named Katniss. Just like when Stephanie Meyer names the main characters in The Twilight Series Bella, Edward, Alice, Renesmee and so on then those names became popular and still are so I think that Katniss will stick around for about 5 or so years.