Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

I'm getting to the point where if I meet another girl named Grace I'm going to pull my hair out. It's perfectly wonderful name, but I swear I hear it everywhere! And if her name isn't Grace or Gracie, then he middle name is Grace. I actually had someone tell me they liked that we named our daughter Katherine, but they would have named her Katherine Grace. :shock:

Does anyone else get this way about a specific name?
    Mother of Theodore Atlas and Katherine Juno
    Teddy and Kitty

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9783054

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

Alexander/ Alex - when my aunt and uncle named my cousin this 14+ years ago, my first thought was, does the world really need another Alex?

Harper and Honor. I think it's because they sound hideous with my accent - "Haah-puh" and "On-nuh." Bleurgh. I can appreciate that the American accent and other accents that actually pronounce Rs make them sound way nicer, but every time I read them in my accent it really gets under my skin!

Like a lot of people I'm sick of the Aiden, Jayden, Kayden, Brayden, etc. names but there are 2 names that are becoming popular that I detest - Olive and Clementine.

To me these names are beyond ugly, especially Olive. The word sounds ugly and the meaning is not much better.

In Mexico City, where I live - Regina, nn Regis. They're everywhere!!! Close second -- Isabella.