Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seriously crushing on this one more and more...

Darra - I always pronounced it DARE-uh.

I recently rediscovered a book series I loved in high school, and it's really grown on me. The series was never wildly popular and is several years old now, so I highly doubt anyone would recognize the reference. Darra Thel-Tanis was always one one of my favorite characters - very spirited and quick-thinking. I'm really starting to like the name and the potential of shortening to Dare. (One of the things I also love about Adair.)

To me it seems unique but still very wearable, especially with a more traditional middle. I acknowledge that my name style isn't everyone's, though.

Thoughts on middles, while I'm on the subject? Or just thoughts?
    Kimimela Roisin ("Kimmi") :: Farashah Jasmine ("Farah") :: Darra Adelaide ("Dare") :: Eliora Soleil ("Elle") :: Primavera Rain ("Prim") :: Arwen Juliet :: Leilani Marina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMcG0f0bmc4

Hayden Paul :: Heath Conor :: Koa :: Aspen :: Arrow :: Lynx :: Rafe :: River :: Kodiak :: Sequoyah :: Valor :: Keegan :: Dalamar :: Tristan

Crushes: Adair; Esmerée; Isabeau; Avalon; Alinta; Morgana

Most Recent Fave: Tallisibeth

Really, no one has any thoughts? I was kind of playing around with more traditional middles: Darra Elizabeth, Darra Jane, Darra Lily.
    Kimimela Roisin ("Kimmi") :: Farashah Jasmine ("Farah") :: Darra Adelaide ("Dare") :: Eliora Soleil ("Elle") :: Primavera Rain ("Prim") :: Arwen Juliet :: Leilani Marina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMcG0f0bmc4

Hayden Paul :: Heath Conor :: Koa :: Aspen :: Arrow :: Lynx :: Rafe :: River :: Kodiak :: Sequoyah :: Valor :: Keegan :: Dalamar :: Tristan

Crushes: Adair; Esmerée; Isabeau; Avalon; Alinta; Morgana

Most Recent Fave: Tallisibeth

The fact that it has two 'R's in it makes me feel like it should be pronounced Dahr-ruh. I think spelling it Dara would maybe eliminate some of the issues with pronunciation. But then again, Cara has the same issue, so I don't think spelling it one way or the other is going to have an incredible impact.

As for the middles, out of the ones you suggested, I like Darra Jane and Darra Lily. I might like Darra Elizabeth if you were pronouncing it Dahr-ruh.
    Last edited by vestigesofsummer; January 22nd, 2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: correction
    Scarlet Meredith
    Coraline . Helena . Ophelia . Scarlet . Violet
    ✧✨✧🌙 ✧✨✧
    Laurence Victor "Law"
    Asa . Caspar . Caspian . Laurence . Leo

I actually know a Dara and she pronounces it like DARE-uh as well. Personally I think that spelling is a little neater, but if you like the two r's then go for it.
    Alexis
    teen berry
    excuse my username

Isla Juno - Elodie Clover - Genevieve Aisling- Juliet Sparrow
    Wolfgang Pascal - Evander Hugo - Jasper Fox - Theodore Blaise - Lucian Atlas

I'd pronounce Darra Dar-rah at first like I would Carra/Karra, while I would say Dare-uh with Cara. That's partially experience since I've known a Cara and a Karrah and they pronounced them like I said previously; it could also just be the area I live in. However, I don't think it would be hard to change.

Darra Jane has the best flow to me out of the two. Not all of these have the best flow, I think it flows well in the middle like Adair so it's hard to hear good flow in the front, but here are some options:

Darra Nadine
    Darra Jean
    Darra Eileen
    Darra Kathleen
    Darra Monet
    Darra Maxine
    Darra Felicity
    Darra Juliet
    Darra Naomi
    Darra Lenore
    Darra Caroline
    Darra Augustine
    Darra Elinor
    Darra Estelle
    Darra Madeline
    Darra Lucille
    Darra Rosalind
    Audrey Bardot ◊ Aurora Maxine ◊ Signy Rafaela ◊ Saskia Lior ◊ Eloise Fawn ◊ Sylvie Kerensa ◊ Moira Lucille ◊ Liora Delphine ◊ Poppy Zephyra ◊ Georgia Nadine ◊ Tessa Loire ◊ Valerie Azure ◊ Zinnia Maud ◊ Freya Marceline

Ivor Casimir ◊ Laszlo Bellamy ◊ Magnus Rune ◊ Solomon Idris ◊ Ragnar Ivans ◊ Ivan Rafferty ◊ Dominic Ozias ◊ Alaric Sinclair ◊ Osric Bertram ◊ Damian Altair ◊ Gabriel Hawthorne ◊ Leo Cagney ◊ Stian Rafael ◊ Alistair Cormac