Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

Now here's a thread I can get behind!

GIRLS:
    Addison
    Aubrey
    Audrey
    Brooklyn
    Clementine
    Evangeline
    Genesis
    Kayla
    Kaylee
    Kylie
    Madison
    Makayla
    Nevaeh
    Piper
    Reagan
    Scarlett

BOYS:
    Brayden
    Cayden
    Jayden
    Landon
    Sebastian
    Tucker

I guess I can handle most boys' names better. Haha.

Any creatively spelled name. It doesn't make you unique, it makes you look illiterate. Plus, its an unnecessary pain in the bum for your kid.

Aidan which was a perfectly fine boys' name until it became mutilated beyond recognition with all of its misspelled variants.

Any name ending in -son for either gender. Unless your son is actually some descendant of Jack, James or whoever else.

I know Nevaeh has been mentioned a ton, but I would like to add that it looks like a stripper name.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It felt so good to rant that I couldn't contain myself.

Best topic ever!
    -Ashley

I just want to put this out there...

here in the US we had a horrible, awful incident occur in a little town in Texas called Jasper. 1998. Awful, racist, cruel incident. I do not live there, but had to shop there a few times as it is the closest town to a lake that my in laws had a house on and I am sure that there are lovely people who live there, but still.
    ever since this horrible event, I CANNOT even stand the name JASPER or why in the world you would name your child that. or your poor dog for that matter. I am not sure why this has had such a great impact on me, but I just cringe when I hear it. I understand the appeal if you do not know about this bit of history, but please, google a name before you give it to your child.

that's my rant. sorry to offend, truly. oh, and a friend of mine just named her sweet, beautiful daughter nevaeh....sigh.

i live in the UK and SO many lovely names have been ruined here
    (but on the plus side- I have lived here all my life and never met a Neveah. how do you even pronounce that??)

i have met SO many Rubys, Islas, Erins, Charlottes and Amelias it is unreal!!!!
    are they popular names in the US or not?
    for boys, all the kids in my son's nursery class seem to be called Alfie or George. both good names, in my opinion. but talk about overkill!
    Mum to Hector and newborn Daphne and Juno.

I've heard of but never met any Neveahs (Niv-ay-ah, I believe) BUT I remember a time when the name of the moment seemed to be Heavenly/Heaven-Leigh...Bleurgh