Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

Nevaeh. I think that it is soo awful (sorry no offense to anyone!). I think that if people wanted to name their daughter's after Heaven, that Heaven itself would be a better choice.

My cousin was about to have her baby and people were posting name suggestions on Facebook-Olivia! Isabella Grace!Emma! :? Seriously? That's like going back to 1982 and saying ,"Hey! I have a brilliant idea. Name her Jennifer Ann!" Did people really think that the names Isabella, Olivia and Emma never crossed her mind until they suggested it? How is it that people do not know that these names are EVERYWHERE?!?!
    Rant over. ops:

I'm also sick of hearing ridiculously made up names. NZ is full of them! We've had a little babies called Talula does the Hula from Hawaii, Number 16 Bus Shelter, and Zealand New. I'm not kidding, these were seriously children's names. That is, until the courts overruled them... :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by phoebesmom
    My cousin was about to have her baby and people were posting name suggestions on Facebook-Olivia! Isabella Grace!Emma! :? Seriously? That's like going back to 1982 and saying ,"Hey! I have a brilliant idea. Name her Jennifer Ann!" Did people really think that the names Isabella, Olivia and Emma never crossed her mind until they suggested it? How is it that people do not know that these names are EVERYWHERE?!?!
    Rant over. ops:
    I wonder that, too! I guess lots of people don't do their research before naming their child....
    Abigail, Beatrice, Jemima, Hazel, Matilda, Svea

Isaac, James, Jasper, Julius, Sebastian, William

I just love names that feel "fresh," so I'm not a fan of all the Makaylahs, Mikynzees, Braydens, etc. that all start to sound essentially the same, nor "dated" names like Jennifer, Patricia, Florence, etc. that are associated with a particular generation still present in contemporary society. I also don't like names that seem like the onomastic equivalent of choking on a large quantity of flowery perfume - Evangeline, Clementine, Wilhelmina etc. I prefer spunky names that could work on a tomboy or a girly-girl, like Phoebe, Ivy, Aviva, etc. Although I do have a soft spot for some "softer" names like Athalia and Linnea - probably as middles. For boys, I dislike the tryndees as well as formal, effeminate-sounding/looking names such as Luca, Sebastian, Dashiell, etc - makes me think of someone in velvet with tights and a doublet. I like boy's names that sound different and maybe a little intellectual, like Tobin, Orson, or Allister (too bad he'd probably be called Ally...)
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

And now introducing Bear! ----->
    O___O
    (*.-.*) <Hunny hunny nom nom <3)
    (”| |“)
    (””|““)