Names Searched Right Now:
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

This has been kinda a funny read for me. My name is Chloe, and growing up I knew NO ONE with the same name. No one knew how to say or spell it. And when I told people my name I was generally complimented. But now! I share my name with a million 2nd graders. I loved having a different name as a kid, and I still love it even though I don't like over-used names. My mother tried to defy the naming trends, and she did. But does it still count now that I'm being listed with the "over-popular/too trendy names? :]

The name "Emily" drives me insane. Maybe it's just my generation, but I feel like I can't go to a party or enter a room of people without finding at least one "Emily." It's a pretty name, and if it wasn't so overused I would probably consider it for my own future daughter, but with its current ubiquitous state, I'll have to pass on it. I feel the same way about the "Ada"/"Ava" movement. They're overdone for me, and I can't help but think how the parents were shooting for "trendy" and ended up with "uninspired."

Mostly I always see the appeal in names but some I just really don't like. For example:

Leah- HATE this spelling even though I love the spelling Lea.
    Isabella/Isabelle- Just so overused.
    Lilia- So many people have used this name that I just feel like everyone is following the trend
    Elizabeth- I know, I know who could not like Elizabeth? I don't even know why I don't like it but this and Eliza/Liza annoy the heck out of me.
    Gabrielle-Reminds me to much of Isabelle.
    Alexis- Sounds like a stripper name.
    Oliver- Something about this name is bland to me.

Those might be it.
    Dayton.19.*Hopeful* Future Mom
    Naming future twinkles...
    Girlies:Aella Dorothy {Plum}.Judah Elisabetta {Whimsy}.Snow Amalija {Anne}
    Guys:Aubrey Jermaine.Eden Trust.Amias Calico "Mia"(My-uh)

Yes, I can't see the appeal of the following favourites:
    Pearl
    Arlo
    Imogen
    Desmond

I know/know of so many little babies being norn with the first 3 names.
    The final one I hear suggested quite a bit on Nameberry and it just reminds me of the word 'dismal.'
    mum to the lovely Harriet Katia (10) Beatrix Liv (6) and Cordelia Joyce (4) and Lionel Rafferty (1 whole year already)

I am so sick of Rose in the middle name spot. 2 Friends are giving birth this year and both have already picked out Rose as the MN and the first names are both in the top 15.. Boring Boring Boring! :?