Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Current Loc: Cookham, UK. Hometown: Cape Town - South Africa

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

Thank you for this topic! I just HAVE to yell to the world that I detest and loathe Kate, Sarah, Olivia, Laura and Jack! I'm sorry, nothing personal to anyone, I just feel they are 'dime-a-dozen' names with no imagination, individuality or substance to them. I also agree with a previous Berry post saying she is tired of all the Brayden's and Jayden's, which is very strange for me to say as I seem to lean toward '-...n' ending names - Check out my babynames.com list! I am sorry to read about the Grace & Alex posts, as I really do love these names, but agree that they are, sadly for me, over-used
    ?Hazelet? UPDATED!Please VOTE!Thanks! ? http://www.behindthename.com/pnl/114298 ? http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9794036 ?baby/child photographer London,UK: www.tandykerry.com ?baby/child photographer San Francisco,CA: www.emmawilliamsphotography.com ?

Caylin!! Or Caelen, Kaylin, Kaelin-I know of four now, boys and girls. This seems to be one of those names that everyone thinks is really unique except that everyone else does too!!

also, can't stand the name Kipton!!!

I hate the names Ruby and Pearl. When I hear Ruby I think of the song "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town" and Pearl just conjures up images of a little old lady with blue hair. I just can't imagine a little girl with either of these names.

I'll add "Winnie" to the list also. I know a lot of people think that's a cute little nickname but I think it's beyond awful.

For boys - I agree with the Aiden, Jayden list above. I also strongly dislike names like Gage/Gauge, Chance, or Chase. Tacky.

Madison and Addison, a lot of the -ley, -lee names like Brinlee, Hailey or Kenley. And surnames co-opted for girls. in my memory the surname as first name for a girl equates with "preps" and unfortunately with thoughtless snobs. (Yes, middle school was torture).

Truthfully, there is something jarring about seeing a girl who appears to be groomed to be a stereotypical ultra-feminine princess and a hearing her called "Peyton" or" Hadley". It calls up all kinds of negative associations for me.

And all those variations of "Aiden". I thought I had heard them all, and then I met a Zayden. I think that was the moment that name went from jumping the shark to landing tushie first on the other side for me.

Overly used names like Isabella, Olivia, Madison and Sophia. I also hate unique spellings of names...like Kennadi (seriously).

I do love Ava, so hate that it's so popular.