Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Current Loc: Cookham, UK. Hometown: Cape Town - South Africa

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by author in writing
    Josephine and Arabella. I love the nickname "Jo". One of my favorites, hands down. But for reasons undecipherable by me, I don't like Josephine. It makes no sense. Same with Arabella. It sounds pretty, I should like it, it's my style, but I don't.

Katherine: I have too many "Katie" relatives and the worst experience with a girl named Katherine. A lovely (if dull and overused name, in my opinion) ruined forever. ***** Same with Danielle.

Madison (Maddie_ and Leah. Just how dull...Blah!

Any name of the -aiden/ayden, -aitlin variety.

I completely understand about disliking Josephine, but loving Jo as a nn, it's great! I don't think Arabella bothers me, but it does have a slight 'snobbish' feel to me

Danielle & Katherine don't bother me either, but Kate (& Sarah) really gets to me, it's very over-used name which has lost all individuality.

I do Love Leah (Liah) though & am sorry a lot of people don't like it.
    And, like many namenerds, Maddison etc. I only like Aidan itself, don't mind Hayden, but all the others are too much!
    ?Hazelet? UPDATED!Please VOTE!Thanks! ? http://www.behindthename.com/pnl/114298 ? http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9794036 ?baby/child photographer London,UK: www.tandykerry.com ?baby/child photographer San Francisco,CA: www.emmawilliamsphotography.com ?

I agree with many points already made. Madison is one of my most hated. I blame the movie "Splash" for that one. Any name ending in 'son' should be a boy name as it means "son of." Plus, I despise the nickname Maddy and every Madison I've met has been quite bratty.

Jayden/Braydon etc. are also horrible. One day at the zoo, I encountered 4 Jaydens. I actually used to like Hayden, but all these offshoots have ruined the name. Misspelled names also annoy me greatly.

Seth - it just sounds lispy and not very masculine
    Beckett - makes me think of vomit for some reason, I guess the guttural sound
    Brody - sounds too much like grody

Penelope/Calliope - popular on these boards, but I hate the sound
    Harper - not feminine sounding, makes me think of harpies or an annoying girl who harps on a subject to no end
    Ellie - hate this nickname, sounds like a dog name

I also don't like the use of a name that is obviously tied to a celubaby name - Suri, Maddox, Harlow etc. You know the parents that choose these names never heard of them until a celebrity used them.

I'm sure I've offended enough people now so I'll stop my rant.

I have always hated all these super Italian names (Isabella, Olivia, Sophia) that are SUPER popular now. The nn Izzy is just horrendous.

Madeleine was nice... the first 89374353 times. Between that and Madison, I can't even tell you how many little Maddies I know.

But my least favorite of all are what I call Waffle House names: Twila; Crystal; Tonya; and their patron saint, the appeal of which absolutely is beyond me, Kayla.
    Mother of Gideon Bernard (4/30/09) and Sylvie Louise (9/26/11).

Quote Originally Posted by poptart

I'm sure I've offended enough people now so I'll stop my rant.
    No offense taken! This is all personal opinion, after all (and I, and I'm sure most, agree with your choices!)
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

I'm so sick of all the BR... names!
    Braelyn
    Braden
    Brianne
    Brianna
    Bryn
    Brylie
    Bryleigh
    Brie
    Brielle

Enough! I just can't stand them! I also hate made up names and 'yooneek' spellings. Adasyn? I actually know someone who used this on her little girl. Ew! And a friend of a friend on Facebook actually named her son Bryceson. That's a joke, right? Poor kid!!

I met a woman in my prenatal class that knew she was having a girl. When I asked if they had a name picked out, she said, "Kaiyanna Amaiah." ...Really? Overkill, much?? I have nothing against delicate feminine names, but that is trying way too hard, and sounds ridiculous!