Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

Jasmine and it's variants. I'm so sick of that name. No offense intended to anyone.

Josephine and Arabella. I love the nickname "Jo". One of my favorites, hands down. But for reasons undecipherable by me, I don't like Josephine. It makes no sense. Same with Arabella. It sounds pretty, I should like it, it's my style, but I don't.

Katherine: I have too many "Katie" relatives and the worst experience with a girl named Katherine. A lovely (if dull and overused name, in my opinion) ruined forever. ***** Same with Danielle.

Madison (Maddie_ and Leah. Just how dull...Blah!

Any name of the -aiden/ayden, -aitlin variety.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

I don't mean to be harsh, but there are some names that are such ugly sounds I can't believe anyone likes them. The worst has to be the name Sloan. It's just sooo unattractive. Also Greer is pretty bad. None others come to mind right now but there are plenty others.

Oh and Hunter. Worst name ever, why would you want to name your kid after something that means killing? Similar with Gunnar. I just don't get it.

Charlotte, Caroline, C/Katherine- agree that they are banal, beige names. They've been around forever and they are so boring. Feels like the parents tried so hard to pick something inoffensive that couldn't be seen as trashy, pretentious, too-old lady, too popular or too short and this was all that's left.

Virtue names- I can't believe in 2011 these are getting popular again with hipster parents. Really?

Imogen- It looks sophisticated and exotic in writing, but it sounds pretty ugly

Names that are just ugly- Blanche, Brynn, Sloan, Greer

One more..

Seraphina- people wouldn't have dared to use it if Jennifer Garner hadn't first. If your going to use a name that sounds like it belongs in a fantasy novel, at least dare to use an original one, there's tons out there