Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Re: Names that bug you, or names you're sick of hearing?

I think it is so interesting how popularity can vary by location. Around here, I am most definitely tired of hearing:
    Grace
    Riley
    Abigail/Abby
    Ella/Elle/Ellie (why must everyone choose the nickname Ellie for any name that happens to have an "el" in it? :? They are everywhere!)

For boys,
    Jack/Jackson/Jaxon
    Logan

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bentley. The "name" seriously makes me cringe.

SADIE SADIE! WHY Did all of the sudden Sadie blew up and EVERYONE is using it...It for ever shall remind me of The Marishi(Sexy Sadie) Which isn't a lovely thing!
    Ava, Its boring and it seems like everyone uses it
    Bently *cringes* It sounds like something painful xD
    Lily-Isabella-Sophia(ie) I use to love them all..But are painfully popular
    Kaylee/Kaiyleeea (really is there an "original" way to spell it?) It just sounds like a baby form of Kayla(Which is pretty bad its self) I hear Kaylee all the time I HATE that name
    Katelyn/Kate/Kaylin.
    John..Yes really, There so meaning freaking people named John in this bloody world(Though I do like Johnnie for a girl...Is that bad? :roll: )
    Leah..I hear it alot and it just doesn't sound "good"
    Jackson, Really is he jack's son?..I actually like Jack by its self but the -son added to it is terrible.. *sigh* I wont be surprised if people start naming there daughters Jackson next :?
    Virginia Something bothers me about Virginia I don't know what it is
    Liam..Really when ever I see it all I think is "Yep, more mail backwards" Plus the sound of it is just annoying
    Clementine, It just sounds ugly
    Allison.And why are they ALWAYS called Allie?
    Alexis It just sounds awful
    Mikayla Ugh adding a Mik to Kayla doesn't make it better dear
    Peyton It sounds like a city then a baby, But I have heard a ton of them
    Caroline It isn't bad just popular

I know I hate more, I'll get back with you on that. Gosh that sure felt good getting that out xD

Madison. I hate this name. I hate it, loathe it, despise it. Just reading the name sets my teeth on edge. The name Madison brings to mind those bratty little first graders with perfectly curled hair who wear hoop earrings from age 6, talk like Hannah Montana and dress like they're 16. Same goes for Addison, Allison, Abigail, Dana, Haley and Brittany. I also hate it when people attempt to be "kreeatif" with the spelling of their children's names, particularly the variants of Haley and when people change an i to a y or vise-versa. Not only does it annoy me, the latter makes me question the parent's sanity. Please let this trend end soon. :x
    Man, it felt really good to get that out there.
    ~Nora

♥♥♥ Elizabeth ~ Alice ~ Anneliese ~ Violet ~ Eve ~ Mireille ~ Amelie ~ Catherine ~ Emmeline ~ River ~ Sophia ~ Rose ~ Eliska ~ Sybil ♥♥♥

♥♥♥ James ~ Lysander ~ Rory ~ Hugo ~ Gavin ~ Niles ~ Salem ~ Bennett ~ Callum ~ Noah ~ Jude ~ Patrick ~ Luke ~ Owen ♥♥♥

I also don't like names that seem like the onomastic equivalent of choking on a large quantity of flowery perfume - Evangeline, Clementine, Wilhelmina etc.
    Oh my God I just laughed out loud. Best thing I have ever seen on Nameberry!
    ~Nora

♥♥♥ Elizabeth ~ Alice ~ Anneliese ~ Violet ~ Eve ~ Mireille ~ Amelie ~ Catherine ~ Emmeline ~ River ~ Sophia ~ Rose ~ Eliska ~ Sybil ♥♥♥

♥♥♥ James ~ Lysander ~ Rory ~ Hugo ~ Gavin ~ Niles ~ Salem ~ Bennett ~ Callum ~ Noah ~ Jude ~ Patrick ~ Luke ~ Owen ♥♥♥