Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suki and Euclid

Suki and Euclid

I have friends who have chosen the names Suki Adela and Euclid Lee for when they have kids. I was wondering what you all thought of those names?
    "I think that is what life is all about, actually. About children and flowers." -Audrey Hepburn

Re: Suki and Euclid

Ugh.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora, Fruzsina
    ... Alaric, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander, Caspian, Rhydian, Howell, Gustav, Theron, Onder, Sander

Honestly? I have to say I extremely dislike them! These two names are so apart stylistically for siblings, not to mention that the middle names they have paired with them don't flow well either. Euclid Lee almost sounds like it could be one word, Euclidly. So me Suki is a nickname for Susannah and I don't like it alone, especially with Adela which is such a lovely name but Suki seems to ruin it.

I like Suki. Great meaning, fun to say, a little spunky. I'm not a fan of Euclid. I'm not even sure how I would pronouce it.

I agree that Euclid Lee runs together a bit, but Lee as a middle name is a family tradition and I feel like it would blur with most names. Euclid is pronounced U-clid (rhymes wth bid). I'm glad someone likes Suki. I think I personally would prefer Sookie, but Suki is nice, too.
    "I think that is what life is all about, actually. About children and flowers." -Audrey Hepburn