Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Eulalie is here!

Congratulations, and I love her name!
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Congrats on Laylie bug! Love her name great choice!
    Dayton.19.*Hopeful* Future Mom
    Naming future twinkles...
    Girlies:Aella Dorothy {Plum}.Judah Elisabetta {Whimsy}.Snow Amalija {Anne}
    Guys:Aubrey Jermaine.Eden Trust.Amias Calico "Mia"(My-uh)

Great name! Eulalie always reminds me of that character in The Music Man, which is a fun reference, and it has a spunky way of rolling right off the tongue, right? Yep, I'd always say it as [you-LAY-lee], too, just like you, and Laylie Bug is terribly adorable for your little girl - aw! I think Eulalie Iris is truly stunning. Great choice!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. We are so glad we were brave enough to use Eulalie... it fits her like a glove, she couldn't be any other name.

Although nobody so far has heard the name before (except for a French midwife), it has a somewhat familiar and pleasant sound... so most people have positive reactions. I think her name looks adorable in writing, too - vowels and L's seem to do magic together!

Thanks again and I can't wait to get back here and brainstorm future siblings!!

Claire x