Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Guess the genders

Here's some first name/middle name combos that I came up with. If you saw the combo in print without any other clues as to the gender, which would you guess each one to be?

Avery Francis
    Benjamin Rose
    Lake Casey
    Ryan Reese
    Shannon Gabriel

Re: Guess the genders

Avery Francis
    Benjamin Rose
    Lake Casey
    Ryan Reese
    Shannon Gabriel

They're all boys for me. The only exception might be Lake Casey, although I would think someone who names their daughter Lake would be more likely to use an alternate spelling of Casey: Caycee, Kasie, etc. Same with Ryan Reese; I'd assume male barring an alternate spelling like Rian, Ryann, etc. Coincidentally, I do have a student named Sydnee Gabriel; were it not for the quirky spelling, I'd have assumed she was a boy too.

Avery Francis- girl
    Benjamin Rose- boy
    Lake Casey- girl
    Ryan Reese- boy
    Shannon Gabriel- girl

oy, i shutter to think that any of these should be girls, but wouldn't be surprised by any of them except for Benjamin. I've never heard of a female Benjamin, and it's just too masculine to me, even with the middle name Rose. Avery Francis is the only one I'd be confident was a girl, just doesn't seem like something someone would name a boy these days. Lake Casey I really don't like for either gender, but I'd assume girl. Ryan Reese I would really hope was a boy. I hate Ryan as a girl's name, and it's just terrible when they spell it this way. Shannon Gabriel, yikes, I'm torn on this one... I can see someone trying to have Gabriel pronounced Gabrielle, which is why I'd think it could be a girl. Shannon is much more a girls name to me than a boys name (though I think it's a lot cooler for boys)...
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Avery Francis - girl, but i can see it on a boy
    Benjamin Rose - boy
    Lake Casey - boy
    Ryan Reese - boy
    Shannon Gabriel - girl
    Mother of the 6-year-old finger-painter, Benjamin Henry (and proud of it, too)

Also proud to be the mother of blue-eyed twins, Amelia Joy and Athena Maya, born Thursday, August 4, 2011.

All boys.