Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flynn Bloom!

Re: Flynn Bloom!

I've always loved Flynn, and much prefer it over Finn. The flow isn't too great with Bloom though.

Something I just realized- if they used both last names, it would be Flynn Kerr-Bloom. Kerr-Bloom? How funny is that! It sounds like a cartoon explosion!

Quote Originally Posted by daisy451
    Something I just realized- if they used both last names, it would be Flynn Kerr-Bloom. Kerr-Bloom? How funny is that! It sounds like a cartoon explosion!
    I am laughing so hard right now! :lol: I do like the name Flynn, but I do not like it with Bloom - what a tongue-twister!
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo

Yes it is a tongue twister but I would have avoided Flynn because of its relationship to Errol Flynn who it seems was a huge womaniser (legend or fact?). So the saying "In like Flynn" is a bit tacky. Bad luck about the background Flynn is quite nice.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by daisy451
    I'm so angry they chose this name! I absolutely love Flynn- it's got the same vibe as Finn but doesn't remind me of a fish. But now I feel like I might not be able to use it for fear that it'll be too associated with him. I don't mind popular names, but I don't want a celebrity baby name like Maddox or Kingston, even if I like the name.
    Daisy- I felt the same way! AND especially following so soon on the heels of Flynn from Tangled (which I was also upset about!)

I've had this on my name list for almost 10 years now and was feeling pretty confident about the fact that in all that time it had never made the top 1000 in the U.S. Now I believe by 2012 it will not only make the list but be in the top 300 or so. Darn. :?