Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Morning/all day Sickness

I have such bad morning and all day sickness. It is so bad that I barely eat, but my doc says as long as I am keeping hydrated and taking my vitamins I'm fine.

The bad thing is, everything triggers it to become even worse. I work at Bath and Body works, let me tell you it's just about torture going into work feeling like this and then smelling 1,000 different smells blended together. I don't even know what to do anymore. It's getting to the point that I feel like I need to look for another job but I know I won't be returning to work after the baby, so I'm just trying to stick it out there for the next couple of months. They burn fresh oil which is now alcohol scented (pina colada, margarita etc) and that is making me SO sick, even worse than before. When I am there alone I don't burn it but it still smells so strong in the store from everything.

On top of all that, I feel like I just want to lay in bed all day because I am so sick. I don't feel pretty or skinny or normal at all. I don't feel like me.
    Mommy to Ari Jo (Joseph) born on the fabulous 9/10/11<3

Loving for our next: Eli Cash, Tully Kimberly & Perry Rue

Re: Morning/all day Sickness

Oh my goodness! I can totally relate. I am 8 months along now, but from week 5 until about week 15 I was sick all day every day. It was so bad that my doctor gave me an RX that helped me so much. It didnt' take it away completely, but it decreased the vomiting from 5 times a day to 1-2 times a day. The nausea was still there, but it eased a little. Smells still triggered it too. There is no way I would have been able to function without it. She also suggested vitamin B6 to take as well. I lived on cheese sandwiches and oatmeal...which now makes me sick to look at.

I felt so bad all the time that I just wanted to lay in bed and cry. It was horrible. I know you don't want to hear it, but the nausea is really a good thing. It means that your hormones are kicking in full force and doing what they are supposed to do.

The medicine was Zofran, but I took the generic brand which was Ondansetron. It's pretty expensive and my insurance woudl only cover 10 pills at a time. But it got me through those weeks of pure hell.

I've had 3 pregnancies and all of them I've been on zofran//ondansetron.. Of you're sick enough to need RX, its probably HG or hyperemesis gravidarium, a big word for severe morning sickness.
    my 2nd preg was a molar preg, you can google it but basically I was preg with tissue not a baby and out caused the hcg levels to sky rocket causing me to be extremely sick, so much that zofran wouldn't even do anything. Thank heavens for the D+C , I lost 10lbs in 2 wks.
    with Kaia, I was put on zofran right away, I wore sea bands and took ginger capsules and all of that together kept me from a hosp visit. I also had a sugar aversion and drinking even one drop of anything would make me sick :/ but it was manageable and I consider myself lucky not getting dehydrated.
    Its very hard on a family when mom is so sick for so long (i usually can stop taking zofran around 22wks) but now we expect it and can plan for it, and now know how to deal with it as a family. Looking at my 2 beautiful girls today makes it all worth it and I would willingly go through it again. children are truly a blessing, and a gift from God telling us He hasn't forgotten about us. Now HG is only a memory and it really doesn't last forever.
    What got me through my first pregnancy was looking at Anne Geddes. First pregnancies are hard because HG isn't suspected til the second trimester or if you get dehydrated. But Anne Gedes, sea bands, and Ginger is highly recommended.

I never had to work ate I got married and can't imagine being sick and working. but I'm pretty sure that must be the absolute worst place to work at during the first tri!!!! Wow. I would quit if I were you lol. Bless your heart. Hang in there, it won't be like this for long!
    SAHM to Tess, Kaia and Jasper
    Hopeful for Penelope and Emmett someday
    180movie.com
    "The earth, O Lord, is full of your mercy: teach me your laws" Psalm 119:64

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I have had the last 2 days off and I feel so much better just laying down and sitting up and eating and relaxing! I have been trying to eat smaller meals throughout the day to curb the nausea and it's working so far. I actually just made myself pasta and sauce, the most I have cooked in a longggg time it feels like, lol.

My next dr appt is in a few days so I am going to ask about the zofran when I am there. I can't wait for this feeling to go away!! I have heard it stays the whole time, it will be gone after the first trimester, etc. I hope it's gone in a few weeks when I am through the first trimester.

<3

So I am now on the zofran and it has helped drastically. Now the problem is I'm really constipated (TMI sorry! lol) and my stomach is killing me. It's almost as bad as the nausea. I just feel like I want to be in bed all day. My doctor said after 12 weeks I should be feeling much better, so I have 3 more weeks to go!!!! :cry:

I asked for some time off of work, I'm not sure if I will get any but I really need it. I can't take the smells.