Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Name disappointment

No, not disappointment in the names you chose for your own progeny, but disappointment in the names your friends and family chose. Anyone else been there?
    This last year I knew a ton of people having babies -- upwards of 50. Every time one was born I, of course, get excited about the name! I didn't expect much from most people but some of my fellow name-loving friends or those that I thought had a little more originality have chosen the blandest, most commonplace names possible. Noah, Liam, Aiden, Ava, Ella... insert either Michael for boys or Grace/Marie for girls and you've got the recipe for the perfect baby name, apparently.

I know, I know, it's not my baby, not my problem; I just get so bored hearing the same names over and over again!
    Do any of the people you expect to pick original or at least interesting names ever let you down?

My friend has a baby yesterday.

Aidan

So diasppointed. Eye roll.
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My English teacher's wife had a baby last month, and they named it Jacob. Common. Then, out of the babies born most recently, I know two with the name Lucas, two with Lily, and three with Sophie. Not much of a variety. Granted, my boyfriend's nephew is McKay and then his niece is Vienna, and I really like both of those. So. There's always that.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I was initially disappointed in my nephews name, just plain old Lucas, but then I remembered he was *this close* to being named after a Vacuum Cleaner brand, and I am okay with Lucas haha.
    I feel some people really waste an opportunity when choosing a name

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Dammit, I don't want to disappoint people with my names. Josiah Walker and Elizabeth Emerald are not show stoppers of uniqueness but at least they're not trendy.

I roll my eyes just as much at Aidan and Ava as I do at Lovely Moonsong Amalthea Jones. It bores me when people follow trends but it also disappoints me when people name their baby something unwearable and insane to draw attention to themselves.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Boy Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker
    David . Alexander (Andy) . Xavier . Abel . Edgar . Apollo . Thomas . Harry . Walter . Frederick

Girl Combos: Clementine Mary Theresa . Cecelia Rose Elizabeth
    Gemma . Beatrice . Vesper . Stella . Claire . Diana . Gloria . Rosemary . Winter . Georgia . Grace . Judith . Corinne