Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I don't quite get the "disappointment" feeling when it comes to other people's kids. Seriously, why would I?

But I do know I will be disappointed if I never have a girl so I can never use the girl's names I like.

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!

rollo
    Last edited by rollo; February 23rd, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

I don't really care when people give common names to their children. But it bothers me a bit when parents give their children made-up / yoonek names.

I find myself dissapointed sometimes. A friend of mine, whose 17, named her son Kaden-James....I really dislike that. Another named her daughter Lucia Skye, then there's a Noah, a Summer, about 3 Riley's and a Mason. But my baby cousin is called Lois which is thankfully more original!
    Matilda, Beatrix, Lucille, Margo, Ivy, Guinevere, Isadora, Violet, Ada, Alice, Hermione, Cora, Elizabeth, Flora, Olive, Sybil, Isolde
    Felix, Henry, Ambrose, Darcy, Asa, Ezra, August, Oscar, Theodore, Edward, Clark, Arthur, Jasper, Winston, Percival

Not everyone is looking to be different or make a statement with the names they choose for their children. I don't think choosing a name that is currently popular such as Olivia or Sophia is a "wasted opportunity" - both are lovely names that happen to be common at the moment. I admit I'd be disappointed if a family member used a name I really dislike like Paytynn or Logyn or something, but if it's just a case of a name that's popular then I don't see a problem. It's important to some people to choose names that are more obscure, fanciful or out of the ordinary, but I don't think that necessarily means the names they choose are "better".