Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Name For Our Little Ballerina

Hi there. My husband and I are expecting our second child, our first little girl. We have a son named Leopold Xavier. Leopold is my mother-in-law’s maiden name, so it has family significance, and we just really liked Xavier for it’s sound. For our daughter we’re looking for a name that’s light, graceful, a bit romantic- something you could envision on a ballerina. I was a ballerina for a long time and teach dance now and I’d love for my (probably only) daughter’s name to reflect my love of ballet, even if she doesn’t become a ballerina (though hopefully she will!). From personal experience, my name is Jamie and I always wished I had a more feminine, elegant name like many of the girls I danced with. Some names we like are Francesca, Arabella, and Diana, but we’d like to expand our list a bit.

Thanks for any help/ideas!
    -Jamie

Re: A Name For Our Little Ballerina

From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Pearl & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Maeve & Liam Alexander

I really like the suggestions of the pp! Here are a few more:

Emilia/Amelia
    Ophelia (nn Fifi)
    Sophia
    Cecilia
    Celeste
    Cordelia (nn Lia)
    Felicia
    Felicity
    Rosalie
    Georgiana
    Madeline
    Phillipa
    Serena
    Alexandra
    Abrielle
    Aubriella

*Under Construction*

Thanks for the responses so far! I ran a bunch of these by my husband and we really like Nadia, Madeline (but maybe too popular for our liking), Lydia and Genevieve. I forgot to mention that I have a love of all things French, so we might consider using a French name, and that our last name is Mallory, so a lot of names ending in "y" sound awkward. Keep 'em coming!