Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: baby name regret

Hi Confusedmom,

Let me first say I think Liliana is a very beautiful name and I would be proud of it if it was my own name.
    But I really feel for you because I feel the same about my daughter's name. She is now 19 months. I wanted to change her name from the start. I raised it with my husband a couple of times, but it caused so much tension between us, that I let it go. Even now I do not use her name. I am always calling her bubby. I kept telling myself that I would grow to love her name because it is her name. But that hasn't happened. It was a compromise chosen after she was born.
    Given that I am in a similar situation, I don't have any good advice, I just want to say I understand how you feel.

I actually know quite a few people who names were changed in the first 6 or so months of their life. Any confusion now for friends, family and your older daughter will be long forgotten by her first birthday - let alone when she is older.
    I would change it - and if you're totally uncomfortable, why not put her new name in as a middle name and then just call her that? Thats what a friend of mine did - and now that her son's a teenager he is using his original name again by choice. It isn't an uncommon thing to do. Lots of people go by their middle names.
    If you just weren't certain, or if you loved it but loved others more I'd say get over it - but seriously, I think you should act now. She's your daughter and you are the one who has to feel proud of her name (for the next 5 years at least!!!!)
    Good luck! Don't worry about it all too much - it's SO hard naming a baby x

I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU!! I still am not totally in love with my three year old daughter's name. I also tried when she was about 7 months old to convince my husband to change it but he was adamant that we keep it and that I was crazy. Everyone (including my husband) now calls her by a nickname she picked out. I love the nn but still don't love the name or the extremely common very popular nn that the name usually carries. CHANGE HER NAME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you are serious about it is my advice.