Names Searched Right Now:

We cannot agree on a name for our son

Hi all,

I could use some help. My husband and I cannot agree on a name for our first baby. Our baby boy is due in about 7 weeks from now! We have very different tastes on names and can't seem to find one that we both can agree to. Our last name is Hawke, like the actor Ethan Hawke.

My favorites are:
    Elias
    Josiah
    Jameson
    Remy

His favorites are:
    Ethan
    Vincent
    Logan

We have agreed to use James as our baby's middle name, after my husband's grandfather. We had also discussed James as a first name, but I do not like Jim or Jimmy, and am worried that people would try to shorten it themselves. I suggested using James as a nickname for Jameson, but my husband isn't a huge fan of Jameson.

I also like (but he does not):
    Leo
    Cohen
    Gideon
    Owen
    Sawyer

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: We cannot agree on a name for our son

I think you both have excellent names on your lists. What qualities are you each looking for in a name? I'm sure there's a name out there that will fit both sets of criteria.

Below are some names I think are similar to the ones you've listed which you may like:
    Isiah
    Victor
    Owen
    Jackson
    Tobias
    Heath
    Wyatt
    Lucas
    Gabriel

Re: We cannot agree on a name for our son

It is hard not to be able to agree. My husband and I couldn't agree either. But when our baby was born, suddenly there was only one name that suited her. I am sure the same thing will happen to you.

I love Elias James. Gabriel James is also beautiful! However, Jameson makes me think of the Whiskey-brand.

But what about:

Rory James
    Eli James
    Elon James
    Eric James
    Ulrich James
    Milo James

Good luck!