Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gloria Mabel Churchyard

61 50.83%
  • Rosamund Gloria Churchyard

59 49.17%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK need to decide now: Help!

Votes please and if you wouldn't mind leaving a reason in the comments I would be extremely grateful. Many thanks

I've always loved Gloria and I think it is way underused! I almost voted for Rosamund because of its nn potential, but then I realized that one of the reasons Gloria is so amazing is because it doesn't need a nn to be universally appealing.

I also have a soft spot for Mabel, as it was my great-grandmother's name and I can't use it myself because it clashes horribly with my last name.
    Ezra, Finn, Hamish, Nathan, Roland, Tobias
    Bonnie, Clementine, Greta, Hermione, Matilda, Wren

I went with Rosamund Gloria Chrchyard. I love Rosamund. So strong yet evocative of roses and their fragrance. Gloria is also wonderful. I think of the Patti Smith song, which is probably not what you were going for, but I think it's great.
    I dislike Mabel. It makes me think marmalade, quilting bees, etc. And this from someone who likes "old lady" names.
    I think with last name Churchyard, Gloria as a first name feels super religious. Not that that's a bad thing, but it might be less versatile than a more "secular" name. Mary Churchyard or Evangeline Grace Churchyard could definitely be problematic.

I voted for Gloria, because I think it is a beautiful name, with a lovely meaning. It is a name that will grow with her.
    "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    by any other name would smell as sweet." --Shakespeare

Mabel Gloria Churchyard in that order would be my choice. I think that Gloria and Church in the same sentence are a little too much but Gloria is lovely in the middle name spot.

rollo