Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me love Penelope!

My husband and I cannot agree on girls names. The only name we have mutual love for is Penny, and he's fine with Penelope or just putting Penny on the birth certificate. But I can't give my kid a nickname with no other options. I go by Jen, but love having a full name to fall back on. I am finding it hard to get into Penelope though, and am a bit concerned that people will think I copied a Kardashian.

Our combination is Penelope Michaela (after my dad Michael)... What do you think? We find out the gender next week, so this might be a moot point, but it bothers me that we're having such a hard time with this!
    ~Jen
    Parker Scott (3/8/13)
    baby girl (due 11/14)

If your only concern is that people will think you're following a Kardashian, I'd say push that concern out of your mind and go for it. It's a gorgeous name and no one should keep you from using a name you love.

BUT, if you don't like it, don't use it. This your baby and if she is indeed a she, you should love her name. An alternative is Penrose (but I would urge that Penelope is the prettier choice).

Quote Originally Posted by plum jo View Post
    ...An alternative is Penrose (but I would urge that Penelope is the prettier choice).
    Oh but plum jo... Penrose is kinda really cool...

I soooooo wouldn't let the Kardashians stop you from using a name. But if you're still looking for options I ran across:

Penthea
    Penina
    Peoney
    Persephone

that could all work as full names for Penny. But personally, if you and your husband can both agree on Penelope I'd go for it! That name has been around a lot longer than the Kardashians.

Don't let the Kardashians stop you from using a name you like! Penelope is a great name. The only problem is see is that your name is Jen, which rhymes with Pen / Penny, common nicknames for Penelope. You could get around this with the nicknames Lo, Nell, Nellie, Elle, or Ellie though.
    - Meghan

My name list