Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Sharing bedrooms?

I have two thoughts reading your last post:
    1) It will be easier to handle a construction site while you're pregnant than after you have three infants!
    (In case you hadn't thought of it quite this way. I wish someone had pointed it out to me - even though it seems obvious - when my husband wanted to move and I said I didn't want to move house while I was pregnant. Packing and unpacking pregnant would have been a lot easier than with a 2 month old!)

2) I think the idea of moving your oldest into the office makes more sense than having her share her room for the first time as a teenager. Then the construction in the attic could either be for a bedroom (maybe if the triplets are all the same gender?) or an office/extra room. And DH could maybe use the attic as an office even without much work (much easier than it could be used as a bedroom I mean).

Good luck!

gwensmom - that is a very good point! Bless you - did you have to move with a 2 month old?? Feel sorry for you! I was thinking more of waiting until they are a year or so old then look into converting it... Although we live in an old listed cottage so I'm not sure that would be allowed - will have to find out! I have been told they could arrive anytime (although we'd obviously prefer them to stay in as long as possible). I'll have a chat with our oldest and see what she wants to do - she has a choice: move in with Soph or move downstairs to a much smaller room. I can't see there being too much fuss: she's been a brill help sorting the boys in the morning and helping with the cooking etc. I just don't want Soph interrupting her studying - She's just way to easily distracted! hmm tricky one - I'll leave it upto her. We could prob oust DH into the shed! Poor guy!

I say you just move the triplets into your 2 year old daughters room.
    that seems simplest and easiest to me.
    Mommy of Aubrie Skye & Kenzey Noelle
    baby girl #3 on the way(:

Converting the attic sounds like I great idea, I hope whatever you ended up doing worked out.

But can I ask what kind of car you have that seats 9 people?
    Eliza + Beatrix + Constance + Romilly + Clementine + Freya + Mabel + Agnes + Betty + Margot
    Felix + Ivo + Calloway + Walter + Linus + Otto + August + Hugo + Zebedee + Rollo + Phineas

Hi, Thanks for the ideas and advice! My oldest has moved downstairs and we have her room for the triplets. Eventually we will move Mary in with Soph and Edward and William will share... Anyway it all works out!

araminta - the short answer is that we don't... We have a volvo estate which seats 7 and a fiesta. Will have to look into getting a 9+ seater minivan at some point but for the moment we'll be in 2 cars. The triplets are coming home from the NICU on Monday so it hasn't been an issue so far and they won't be going anywhere very often at the beginning anyway. Wish us luck!!

Elinor x