Thread: Tuxedo cat!

Tuxedo cat!

Hi!

So, I've just started the process of adopting an adorable 3 month old kitten. His name is Arthur, however, I'm unsure on whether to keep it.
    I've never adopted a cat before, but do you think I would be able to change it without confusing the poor little fellow?

Also, if I were to change it, what do you think of Po/Poe, Poppet, Chaplin? Any other suggestions?
    1383383_799414956801742_1137527818390041594_n.jpg

Thank you!

you look lvely today
    Astrid Selena - Poppy* Matilda - Juno Cosima - Eira
    Vincent Orion - Walter Elio - Thorin Altair - Sindri
    Please Vote

Aww, what a cutie! I have had two tuxedo cats, Trotsky (yes... as in Leon), and Blaise. They are very chill cats, as much as they can be. People say different coat colors don't matter in personality... I disagree!

As for changing his name, he probably won't notice. Cats don't learn their name as much as dogs do, and anyway, it's more important the tone of voice you say it in. They recognize the tone more than the word itself. He's also quite young, so changing his name may not even faze him (if he has learned Arthur at all).

I like Poe and Chaplin! I am assuming those are meaningful to you, so you can't go wrong. My style is to give animals people names that you'd never use on a real person, so for me, Arturs, Frida, Gabriel, etc. (nothing wrong with those names, just nms for a person).
    Honor names abound!
    Magdalena | Marie | May | Rosemary
    Calvin | Chadwick | Ciaran | Connor

Future kids not even a twinkle in my eye.
    See my dreamboat names here.

Quote Originally Posted by ffennec View Post
    Aww, what a cutie! I have had two tuxedo cats, Trotsky (yes... as in Leon), and Blaise. They are very chill cats, as much as they can be. People say different coat colors don't matter in personality... I disagree!

As for changing his name, he probably won't notice. Cats don't learn their name as much as dogs do, and anyway, it's more important the tone of voice you say it in. They recognize the tone more than the word itself. He's also quite young, so changing his name may not even faze him (if he has learned Arthur at all).

I like Poe and Chaplin! I am assuming those are meaningful to you, so you can't go wrong. My style is to give animals people names that you'd never use on a real person, so for me, Arturs, Frida, Gabriel, etc. (nothing wrong with those names, just nms for a person).
    Thank you! I had heard somewhere that colour affects personality but wasn't sure if it was true! The lady I'm adopting him off says that he's very playful and energetic, but that may just be because he's a kitten still. Totsky is adorable aha. And Leon and Blaise are very handsome!

Excellent aha! I feel a bit better about changing it now.

Poe is sort of inspired by Edgar Allen Poe and Kung Fu Panda's Po aha. Chaplin from Charlie Chaplin. Thank you! Actually, that's a really great style to use for cat names! Thank you so much!

you look lvely today
    Astrid Selena - Poppy* Matilda - Juno Cosima - Eira
    Vincent Orion - Walter Elio - Thorin Altair - Sindri
    Please Vote