Names Searched Right Now:

Zoe or Phoebe for female boston terrier/boxer mix

Husband and I are getting our first dog and have narrowed potential names down to Zoe or Phoebe.

She is a two year old all brown Boston terrier/boxer mix if that helps

Which one is a better dog name? They're both definitely human names, but which one suits a dog better? Any other ideas?

TIA.
    Girl names

Aislinn | Autumn | Belle | Camille | Eva | Imogen | Jolie | Juliet | Margot | Molly | Naomi | Nia | Rose | Scarlett | Sienna | Stella | Teagan | Violet | Vivienne | Wren

Boy names

Beau | Callahan | David | Dominic | Edouard | Ezra | Henry | Isaac | Jude | Julian | Knox | Lucas | Marc | Maximilian | Michael | Moses | Oliver | Reece | Sebastian | Solomon

Unisex names

Elliott | Finley | Kennedy | Parker | Spencer

I'm liking Zoe. Which you could also spell Zoey if you like that variation.

Names my sister and I have used for female Boston terriers in the past are Juno, Trixie, Dixie, and Duchess.

My aunt owned a boxer whose name was either Queenie or Princess. Was a loooonngg time ago, so I don't perfectly remember. I'm not terribly fond of the royal title names myself, but lots of people do.

You've got the color and foodie names: Brownie or Browni, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Ginger. I've used Nestle for a pet who was a gorgeous dark chocolate.

Some people name their pets after favorite fictional characters from books, movies, and TV.

I hope you find the perfect name for your Boston Boxer pup or Box terrier if you prefer!

Thank you so much for your response!! I love color names and we tossed around Java and Sienna and somehow took a sharp left turn into Greek names lol. We may end up going with Zoe!

Neither one seems fit for a dog.

Zoe!!!!!!! Though I love Phoebe, Zoe would fit a dog much better.
    Tekla

Aspiring Writer, Reader, and Teenberry
    Love my Furbaby Margot

Girls: 1. Jemima 2. Signe 3. Jessamine 4. Rosalind 5. Matilda 6. Teresa nn Tessa 7. Anaïs 8. Saskia 9. Eleanor 10. Freyja
    Boys: 1. Jasper 2. Otto 3. Thorin 4. Björn 5. Fabian 6. Felix 7. Abel 8. Isaac 9. Sören 10. Gabriel
    Guilty Pleasures: Gwyneira, Desdemona, Isolde, Evelyn (m), and Valentin
    Guilty Pleasure of the Day: Io
    Fave Combos: Rosalind Eloise and Gabriel Otto