Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Re: What are your pet's names?

Wow, everyone's pets have such fancy names! I'm impressed

I only have one dog currently (but he's definitely enough!) who is a German Shepherd named Tsar Hercules. Originally I wanted to name the first big dog I had, Lurtz, after a rather gruesome character from LOTR but after meeting my dog, it just didn't fit. So I decided I wanted a name that meant 'King'. We tossed up between Kaiser, Caesar, Rex, Zeus, Pasha, Pharaoh and even King. I was leaning towards Kaiser until my father suggested Tsar and it was like a light bulb going off Hercules sort of eventuated because he thinks he's half man, haha, and he's super strong.

If and when we get another one I have Juno Atalanta picked out for a girl. Juno being Zeus' wife and Queen of the Heavens and Atalanta was the name of the only female Argonaut who could out run all men.

Great topic!

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

Cats:
    Tuppenny 'Tuppy' (named by my brother)
    Theodora 'Teddy' & Pandora 'Panda' (I named them when I was 12)

Past Pets:
    Pyewacket 'Pye' (cat, named by my mum)
    Isador & Algernon (guinea pigs, named by myself at age 9)
    Eliza + Beatrix + Constance + Romilly + Clementine + Freya + Mabel + Agnes + Betty + Margot
    Felix + Ivo + Calloway + Walter + Linus + Otto + August + Hugo + Zebedee + Rollo + Phineas

The most recent addition to my 'animal family' is a Persian Himalayan kitten; her name = Juno Gracen Bleu (Juno).
    I have 2 Chocolate Labs, their names are:
    -Sweet Sophia Kiley Browne (Sophia). She is the older of the two at 8 years of age.
    -Sampson Guthrie Buster Browne (Sampson). He will be turning 2 years old in February.

All of their names hold special significance that was specifically tailored for each.

Best,
    L.
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

My first Airedale Terrier was called Chloe (we named her in 1996 before the name became popular for children!) and our current Airedale Terrier is Remington, called Remi. His name suits him so perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnarixx
    Dutchess and Marley- dogs
    Gibson and Jackson- cats (after guitars), had Fender also, but he passed away a few weeks ago.
    Lock, Shock, and Barrel- anoles
    And Tuttle the turtle

-I love your cats names. I'm sorry to hear that Fender passed away recently, though.
    If you decide to get another one, you could always go with Gretsch, Epiphone, Ibanez, etc. (if you're naming them after strictly electric guitars, that is!)
    Best,
    L.
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina