Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Naming our baby girl for our lost baby boy

Hi there. My name is Annemarie and I was directed to this website by a friend of mine.

After having three sons, my dear husband and I never intended on having anymore children, but God apparently had other plans and we are unexpectedly expecting the little girl I always dreamed of having.

Our oldest two boys are grown. We lost our youngest, James, when he was 5 years old. I have never gotten over losing my baby boy and my hubby and I have made the decision to name our baby girl after him. The problem is, we are having trouble coming up with feminine variations of James. So far our ideas are:

Jacqueline
    Jamesina
    Jasmine
    Jem

I was just wondering if anyone could give us any more ideas, or even feedback on the ideas we have so far. We are of French-Italian origin with a very French-sounding, 8-letter, 3-syllable last name beginning with a "juh" sound. Thank you all so much and God bless you all.

-Annemarie

Re: Naming our baby girl for our lost baby boy

I can't think of any feminine versions of James.

Not that you asked, but what about just honoring your late son by using a "J" name as opposed to fully incorporating James? I personally would not fully name a child after one that had passed away. I'm sorry for your loss, but what happiness lies ahead for you with your sweet baby girl!

Jamie, but also Jessamine (not exactly a translation, but the letters for James are in that name)

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie
    Hi there. My name is Annemarie and I was directed to this website by a friend of mine.

After having three sons, my dear husband and I never intended on having anymore children, but God apparently had other plans and we are unexpectedly expecting the little girl I always dreamed of having.

Our oldest two boys are grown. We lost our youngest, James, when he was 5 years old. I have never gotten over losing my baby boy and my hubby and I have made the decision to name our baby girl after him. The problem is, we are having trouble coming up with feminine variations of James. So far our ideas are:

Jacqueline
    Jamesina
    Jasmine
    Jem

I was just wondering if anyone could give us any more ideas, or even feedback on the ideas we have so far. We are of French-Italian origin with a very French-sounding, 8-letter, 3-syllable last name beginning with a "juh" sound. Thank you all so much and God bless you all.

-Annemarie
    Hi Annemarie,

Jacqueline is pretty. Jamesina sounds a little bit awkward to me. I've never been too crazy about Jasmine, but I like it that it contains all of the letters of James in it.

What do you think of Juliet, Julia, Jane or Josephine? Juliet is definitely my favorote J name by far.

I like Jameson for a girl. I know this is technically a boys name, but I think it would work on a girl.