Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Pregnant after Miscarriage

Quote Originally Posted by jlyn2723
    I am so sorry to hear what you've been through but it's exciting to be pregnant again! I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I miscarried in Dec at 6 weeks and then in May at 12 weeks and now I'm about 13 1/2 weeks pregnant and everything's going well. I had an ultrasound a week ago and the baby looked good- right size, strong heartbeat. So, I know I'm not completely in the clear, but I'm feeling very optimistic. It's funny though, I'll still see pregnant women out an about and I feel jealous and then have to remind myself that I'm pregnant. I think I'm having attachment issues with this baby, which I've heard is normal. Do you have children already? Just curious. I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy. Oh yeah, and until about a week ago (and even now to be honest), every little cramp or twinge was worrying me. It felt like the longest two months of my life until that 12 week ultrasound. So good luck with everything!

Jen
    I constantly have to remind myself that i am pregnant as well, mostly because my symptoms are not severe and are not all the time. I have pretty off and on symptoms but have been lucky enough to not have any real morning sickness. I have been telling my husband that i want all my symptoms to get really bad over time that way i know my hormones are still raising (which sounds totally crazy). But no, sadly i do not have not children, all of my pregnancies besides this one so far have ended in miscarriages at around 4-6 weeks. I am currently 5 1/2 weeks and had my first doctors appointment yesterday to officially confirm the pregnancy. My first ultrasound is supposed to be in late November when i hit 12 weeks, howebver i am trying for any early transvaginal ultrasound at around 6 so i can see a little heart beat and hopefully ease my mind a bit. But i deffinatly agree that i will have an attachment to this baby. My husband keeps saying he 'thinks this is it, its real' which helps a bit as well. But thank you for your good wishes and good luck with your pregnancy as well!
    -Jessica

I had 2 micarriages in 1 year followed by the birth of a healthy baby.
    Really, push to get an ultrasound before 12 weeks for your piece of mind. I had one done at 6 weeks, then again at 8 weeks with our 3rd pregnancy and all of these helped to put my mind at ease.
    Don't worry about the morning sickness. It doesn't usually kick in until about 7 weeks and as you know, not everyone gets it.
    Try not to worry about the cramping. I would wake up at night terrified I was miscarrying because of the cramping. The cramping you have with a 1st baby is going to be a lot as your uterus is stretching so don't let it freak you out.
    Do what you need to do to protect yourself. I could not let myself begin to attach until I reached 12 weeks and even then I was always afraid. It's normal. Good luck!

I will be praying for this!
    Writer of The Mod Podge Bookshelf, author of some books, lover of sticky notes and names!

Current favorite girls: Beatrix, Elizabeth, Gwendolyn, Helena, Isobel, Jemima, Margo, Rose, Tigerlily & Zora

Current favorite boys: Callum, Damian, Gideon, Henry, Jonah, Laughlin, Leo & Oscar

Thanks so much everyone! I reached 6 weeks today so, so far so good. The doctor i am currently seeing practically refused to let me have an ultrasound before 12 weeks (my first ultrasound is schedualed for November 30th) so i am currently doctor searching. haha! Once again thank you very much and i really appriciate it all!

Just wanted to share that I'm also pregnant after a miscarriage - I'm just shy of 19 weeks and everything is progressing well! I never really experienced morning sickness, so don't let that worry you. I did experience lots of stretching/pulling/pressure early on, but everything turned out fine. Keep pushing for an early US - I had one at 7 weeks and another at 9 - the peace of mind it will bring is well worth it. I spent most of my first tri worrying and afraid to embrace the pregnancy - but definitely feel as though I'm bonding with the little one now - so please don't let that worry you either.

Congrats and best of luck!