Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sibling for Alyssa

So, it seems my list is getting longer rather than shorter. Was wondering if anyone could leave some feedback on my working list of names, as it is a long list and I am trying hard to narrow them down before I even get my husband a list for his input on them.
    Oldest daughter's name is Alyssa Michelle.
    Thanks so much!

Girls:
    Claire
    Cara
    Brynn
    Ella
    Camille
    Avery
    Mya
    Kate
    Eden
    Maren
    Lauren
    Chloe
    Kathryn
    Celeste
    Alaina or Alayna or Alana
    Brenna

Boys

Landon or Landen
    Ryan
    Brendan
    Tristan or Tristen
    Kai
    Cade
    Caden
    Anderson

Re: Sibling for Alyssa

From your list, I'd go with Brynn but I prefer the one "n" spelling of Bryn.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

So with Alyssa Michelle:

Girls:
    Claire - pretty! Yet somewhat common
    Cara - Love this with Alyssa
    Brynn - Love the name, but seems dull and somewhat masculine compared to the uber feminine Alyssa
    Ella - love this name too, but alyssa and ella is kinda hard to say. i guess its the "L's"
    Camille - favorite choice for you!
    Avery - too unisex for feminine Alyssa
    Mya - Like this with ALyssa, but prefer spelling Maya
    Kate - to common with Alyssa
    Eden - very pretty, good with Alyssa
    Maren - way too different of a style then Alyssa - maybe a middle name possibility?
    Lauren - too 80's
    Chloe - could see this working, not fave choice though
    Kathryn - great name, but not paired with Alyssa (also prefer Catherine spelling)
    Celeste - too extravagent
    Alaina or Alayna or Alana - too similar to Alyssa
    Brenna - dull compared to sisters name

Boys

Landon or Landen - prefer Landon. Too similar to London which was gone to the girls!
    Ryan - modern day classic. Can't go wrong with Ryan.
    Brendan - too 90s
    Tristan or Tristen - prefer Tristan. Goes great with sister's name!
    Kai - love this name. very universal and eclectic
    Cade - nice yet a little too popular to the uber popular Caden
    Caden - please don't use this, unless you want your son to be one of thousands of cadens/kaydens/jaydens/jadens/aidens etc
    Anderson - LOVE LOVE LOVE with Alyssa

That being said. I LOVE Alyssa and Camille , Alyssa and Cara, and Alyssa and Anderson. Hope this helps!

thank you for your well thought out comments. Really is going to help me. Appreciate it!

Girls:
    Claire -- Sweet, pretty, goes with Alyssa.
    Cara -- Sweet, pretty, goes with Alyssa.
    [I like Cara better than Claire, but I like Claire with Alyssa better than Cara.]
    Brynn -- Sweet and cute! Definite sister match
    Ella -- Sweet, popular, but I don't like it with Alyssa. They have too much of the same sound I think. Alyssa and Ella... Nope.
    Camille -- Pretty, though not the type of name I usually like. I like Camilla better. Alyssa and Camille have different feels to me.
    Avery -- It's okay. Doesn't seem to fit the style of your other names, and I really don't like Alyssa and Avery together.
    Mya -- I love Mya (prefer Maya or even Maia, but that's me). Alyssa and Mya aren't perfect together, but it's an awesome name.
    Kate -- I can see these as sisters, but personally I'm so over Kate.
    Eden -- I don't really care for this name personally, but that's just me. It's a pretty and, depending on your area, could be a distinctive name. I think Alyssa and Eden sound like sisters!
    Maren -- I've always found this very pretty, and it's quite unusual where I am from.
    Lauren -- Pretty, soft, sweet, same style as Alyssa, and a definite sister name!
    Chloe -- I feel like Alyssa and Chloe are the same type (type? style? not sure what the right word is, but they match), but where I picture an Alyssa more soft and sweet, I picture a Chloe more bold and out-going. And I mean all those words in a positive way. I like them together a lot.
    Kathryn -- Don't like the spelling, and not sure I like it with Alyssa at all.
    Celeste -- I've just never liked this name. It seems like it's trying too hard.
    Alaina or Alayna or Alana -- This is a name that I want to like, because I know several and they are all nice girls (or babies who will hopefully be nice girls). I just can't like it. I don't know why, but I always get a "made-up name" vibe from it, which is ridiculous. Plus Alyssa and Alaina is way too matchy-matchy.
    Brenna -- This is cute. Not sure how I feel about Alyssa and Brenna together though.

So my in conclusion for girls is that I would narrow it down to Claire, Brynn, Eden, Lauren, and Chloe. (I decided to just pick 5, which was hard!)

Boys:
    Landon or Landen -- I really hate this name. I don't like the way it feels in my mouth when I say it (I know that sounds stupid, but there it is). I can't even be objective about whether it sounds good with Alyssa, because I just strongly dislike it.
    Ryan -- Alyssa and Ryan really sound like a brother and sister to me. The only thing is that Ryan doesn't feel fresh to me anymore, but it is a cute and handsome name.
    Brendan -- I like Brendan. It's definitely my favorite of the Bren-/Bran-/Brad- names. Alyssa and Brendan go together very well.
    Tristan or Tristen -- I know an Alyssa and Tristan! I don't care for the name personally, but it's a nice name (just not me). They match very well.
    Kai -- I've never liked this. I always feel like you are trying to be cute with it.
    Cade -- I adore Cade! I read it in a book once, just a minor character in GWTW, and have thought it strong and handsome ever since. Definitely my favorite from you list!
    Caden -- Oddly I find this a little feminine (the first one I ever knew was a girl). It does go well with Alyssa and you can still call him Cade!
    Anderson -- I like this name on principle, but not on a real person. Plus I think Alyssa and Anderson sound weird together.

Narrowing the boys, it's Cade for sure! With Brendan or Tristan (and maybe Ryan) as alternates.