Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Re: Lauren, Molly, Caroline? Due any day...please help?

Ooooh, just saw Caroline Camille...I like!!!

Hm. I'm just not in love with Caroline Sloan, as the names just sort of run together oddly in my opinion. Cara Sloan would be nice, but it isn't quite as classic as Caroline. I understand that Caroline is the name with the most universal appeal - at least it seems that way from this thread - so you like it. I like it, too! If you wanted to use that, I think something like Caroline Emma Sloan, Caroline Flora Sloan, Caroline Gemma Sloan, Caroline Lucy Sloan (Love Lucy Caroline Sloan, though!), Caroline Molly Sloan - yea, what about Caroline Molly?

Lemon :-)

PS I really think Rebecca Sloan would be gorgeous. Grant, Drew, and Becca is so cute!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

All 4 of those names are really popular in my area. The least popular being Molly. I do know a few dogs named Molly, but I don't see it as a dogs name.
    I love the name Megan -- that is probably my favorite!
    Caroline was at the top of our list until we noticed in our church newsletter that 3 Caroline's were born in the month of August (and our church isn't THAT large!) Caroline and Eleanor seem to be climbing fast around here.

I like Sarah Sloan, and I'm puzzled along with you as to how Sarah can be number 20. I don't know a single little girl with that name. All the Sarahs I know (up here in Michigan) are in their thirties. I don't think that takes anything away from the name, though. Sarah is so classic that it will never belong to any particular age or decade. I don't love the repeaded final N sound in Caroline Sloan, but Sarah Caroline really appeals to me.

I'm still rooting for Molly Madeline, though. I don't get the pub thing at all, but if there were a pub named Molly Sloan, I would take my hat off to the owners for giving their pub such a great-sounding name.

@eplj - I would, too! Molly Madeline is such a great name, and Molly Sloan is memorable and sweet. Mimi as a nickname could give the name a more glamorous feel, whereas Molly feels comfy and casual and utterly irresistible! Perfect. I still think this whole Molly Sloan bar connection is due to Molly Malone. I know I've seen bars called Molly Malone's, but never a Molly Sloan...

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude