Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Lauren, Molly, Caroline? Due any day...please help?

I forgot to add:

Sylvr, you asked if I'd consider a different spelling for Lauren. And someone in an earlier comment asked if I liked Laurel as an alternative. I had a good friend in high school named Laurel, and I do like it, but to me it has a totally different feel than Lauren. I just don't like it enough to use it (same with Laura). And as for creative spellings, I really want to stay away from that. I always have to spell my name for people (I'm Alissa instead of Alyssa) and I'd like to pick something that people would spell correctly (at least most of the time)!

Meredith Molly
    Or
    Molly Meredith
    is my vote!! Both wonderful names and sound great both ways with Sloan!

Alissa, I am not in B-CS, but I did go to A&M! Lots of the mommies to little Carolines I know are Aggies! I am now closer to LA. Anyway, I DO love Caroline so much and it's awesome with your boys names. I think Caroline Sloan sounds very nice. Claire Caroline Sloan flows a bit better if you would be ok with calling her by her middle.
    Caroline Amelia Sloan
    Caroline Olivia Sloan
    Caroline Anna Sloan
    Caroline Susannah Sloan
    Caroline Julia Sloan

Alissa,
    I'm glad but so sad we're in the same boat!! It sucks when you feel there's a drawback to every name you like. I was beginning to think I was just crazy and wayyyyy too picky, so I'm glad someone else is having the same issues.

I totally suck at name suggestions, but I'll try to help!! I think Caroline Sloan sounds fine (a tad tongue-twistery, but nothing that would stop me from using it), but I agree Caroline Claire Sloan does not. I can't put my finger on it, though, just that I think there are a lot of similar sounds in Caroline Claire Sloan.

I feel like Sarah Caroline flows ok, but the "Sar" and "Car" rhyme. Does that bother you at all?? (Not like I should be one to talk, clearly! I don't think it's bad though - it is first and middle, and you won't be saying her first and middle names all the time, anyway.)

I was wondering though if you could give some more examples of names you like...I feel like I can't get a sense of your style! I think a middle name with vowels for both the first and last letter would work well with Caroline and Sloan. Does that make sense?? I'm trying to think of an example...well, I'll just use Ava for instance. Caroline Ava Sloan flows really well, to me! I also really liked Sarah Madeline Sloan, fyi. That flows beautifully. I haven't met any young Sarahs lately, but if you're concerned about that, do you like Sadie at all? I just read that's a variant of Sarah, and it means princess, too. Sadie Sloan sounds adorable! Although I do think it sounds sort of nick-namey. And I have a feeling you might think that's too vintage. Urggh, see, I am horrid at suggestions!

Hmm...I do think Susannah Sloan sounds really good, too; do you think your husb would come around to that name?? Otherwise, I like Sarah Madeline...I like the sound of those two the best with your last name.

Ok, I'm totally rambling now...let me know what you think!! Sorry if I haven't been much help.

Thought of another alliteration name that might work better with Caroline but still fit with your style...

Caroline Camille Sloan