Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Lauren, Molly, Caroline? Due any day...please help?

I agree about Caroline Claire. There are too many sounds in common, and I don't think the hard C is very pretty when repeated.

Wow -- you've gotten a lot of feedback!

- I'm afraid I agree with the previous post that Molly Sloan sounds like a pub. In not a good way. :?
    - Caroline is just such a wonderful name. I HAVE heard of a lot of little Carolines in your area; I have two friends in Houston and actually they both have Carolines. But man, it's just such a pretty name. And no, people won't pronounce it wrong all the time.
    - Lauren's a funny one -- when I hear it some ways I think dated, others I think classic. It could go either way, so if you like it, go for it. I don't think it's a Jennifer or a Jessica in that it defines and belongs to a certain era. I mean, Lauren Bacall ... Lauren Hutton ...
    - I really like Claire & I don't see it being used too much these days.
    - Susannah is the name of one of my favorite people, so I'm biased, but it's very pretty.
    - Jenna / Megan - meh.

I love Caroline or Susannah to go with your lovely ln!

Caroline Clara Sloane sounds better than Caroline Claire Sloane.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Charlotte, Elisabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke, William
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo

Lauren: Have you considered a different spelling? For me sometimes that changes the 'image' of a name completely. Not to jump on the trindee-uunik bandwagon here, but what about something between Lauren and Loryn? It's true you don't see many young around anymore, but I do know a 2-yo Lauren (with a baby sister Megan)... I also like Laurelyn which is like Lauren and Laurel together. I saw it in Lord of the Rings and I think it has a beautiful sound.

Molly: Cute as a nickname but I don't know how you would get there. Margaret?

Caroline: I like this, but have nothing new to add

Madeline: It's a shame this is so popular now, as we know

Others:

Jenna: Very dated around my location
    Meredith: Somewhat old-lady for me, but I find it somewhat appealing
    Megan: This name has unfortunate associations for me, and seems really dated anyway
    Claire: A bit too old-lady for me
    Susanna(h): I think it's cute

You guys have confirmed a lot of the dilemmas I have about all of these names. Lauren: classy to some people, dated to others. Molly: adorable to some, but a dog name/nickname/Irish pub name to others! This is why I'm having such a problem getting excited about any one of them! I think Caroline is the one with the most universal appeal, and I do love this name. I have always liked Susannah (not sure how I'd want to spell it), but my husband isn't as big a fan as I am.

I do see the point about Caroline Claire.....it definitely doesn't flow as well as Molly Madeline. Does Caroline Sloan (both ending in an "n" sound) sound okay? I'm not completely sure. And if so, can any of you suggest any good middle names that would make it flow well? I don't really care for Clara, and in general I like more mainstream names (no Pearl or Ruby or ones like that.....they probably would grow on me but they're not the type that I'm drawn to).

I mentioned Sarah as one of those great classic names that I like, but it just doesn't seem very exciting. But we have been considering it because I think it works very well with our last name. Sarah Caroline, maybe? Or Sarah Madeline? Sarah is just constantly near the top of the popularity list.....which is strange because I don't know many little girls named Sarah. I think it was easily in the top 20 last year, though.

Any thoughts for middle names for Caroline? Thanks!

Alissa