Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Lauren, Molly, Caroline? Due any day...please help?

I agree with Lemon: Molly is perfect! What could be better than Molly Sloan? I've never met a dog named Molly, and I think it's far too classic a name to go to the dogs (sorry). Molly Meredith Sloan or Molly Madeline Sloan . . . genius.

And holy cow, Lemon--you were born in 1990? How can the giver of such sage naming advice be so young?

Lauren: It does seem extremely dated to me, along with Megan and Jenna from your list. It's just not fresh anymore-- I know tons in my age group alone, and I'm just tired of the name. Do you like Laurel?

Molly: It's too cutesy for me. I like it as a nickname for Mary, Margaret, or Amalia, but I wouldn't use it by itself. And now that you mention it, it is a bit of a dog name.

Caroline: I love Caroline, and it's my favorite off your list. I just think it's so timeless, elegant, and sophisticated. I can't see anyone mispronouncing it as Carolyn-- after all, they're two separate established names. It is fairly popular, but no more so than others on your list. And there are many nicknames-- Callie, Carrie, Lina, Cara, Caddie, etc.

Madeline: Madeline is pretty, and it is a fairly classic name, but I'm just kind of bored of it. I know way too many of them. It's not a bad name, though; just a little overused.

I really like Claire and Susannah from your longer list. Caroline Claire would be lovely! More alliteration: Caroline Catherine, Caroline Chloe, Caroline Clio, Caroline Cora.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I think Molly Sloan sounds like an Irish pub so I would not choose it

I just love your boys names and I think that Lauren goes the best with their names but the problem is the repeating N in both names so I would try to avoid that if you can.

I love Lara with your boy's names it has that modern vibe that you like and Lara Caroline would be fantastic.

All the best

rollo
    Psalm 23

Congrats on your baby girl on the way! I'm sure we can help you pick the perfect name before she arrives.

Lauren- I agree with Lemon and others on this one

Molly- I think I know more dogs than humans with this name, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I've never been a big fan-- it sounds a little insubstantial and a little preppy to me-- but you sold me on it with Molly Madeline, cute!

Caroline- this is my name, so I should have some insight for you! Despite being a classic, common name, it actually does get mispronounced as 'Carolyn' more often than not by people who don't know me. Seriously?? How hard is Caroline? I also live in the South, and I think part of it could be that the long i sound doesn't always roll off people's tongues, so maybe Carolyn feels more natural for people to say? But Carolyn and Caroline are *not* interchangeable! I don't like the name Carolyn, and it's not an acceptable pronunciation of my name! I do think people avoid saying it sometimes. Haha, despite the mini-rant, I actually do like my name (when people get it right!) It's a classic and works on any age.

Madeline: I am also tired of hearing Maddie everywhere! Madeline is very pretty, and so much nicer than Madison, but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of Maddie
    Jenna- cute, but sounds a little dated to me
    Meredith- can't say anything bad about it, but it just doesn't do much for me I'm afraid
    Megan- I like this name even though it seems maybe a little tired
    Claire- Caroline Claire is very pretty! I like Claire as a first name too, but it's not great with Sloan
    Susanna(h)- I love this name! Lots of cute nicknames, too: Anna/Annie, Sunny, Sosie, etc!

Do you like Eliza? It's one of my favorites, and it seemed like it would fit in with your style

My top picks for you would be:
    Eliza Sloan-- Grant, Andrew, and Eliza
    Susannah Sloan-- Grant, Andrew and Susannah

Hope that helps a little, good luck

I love the name Molly! I think it ages well and goes nicely with your last name.
    My grandparents had a dog named Molly, but their other dogs over the years were Hannah, Nora, Chloe, Julie, and Maddie. I don't think that would be a problem. My name is Maggie and a couple of years ago, that was the top female dog name. I've never had a problem with it. As long as you don't have a dog named Molly, I don't think she'd mind.
    If you didn't want it as a full name, I know a girl whose name is Margaret and she goes by Molly. You could go with Margaret Caroline or Margaret Megan. I think both of those are very sweet names.
    I like all the names you've noted, except Susannah. But Molly is my favorite.
    Good luck and I hope this helps!
    "When the light falls on your face, don't let it change you
    When the stars get in your eyes, don't let it blind you
    You're beautiful, just the way you are
    And I love it all, every line and every scar"