Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: Mums (and Dads!) expecting twins+!

I'm in the UK. I basically made a fuss (and a big one at that!) when they told me matter of factly that twins are a complication so a c section is necessary... (what a load of rubbish!). I got fed up of being treated like I had an illness and I basically told them that I wouldn't be having a c section unless it was completely necessary (not because it was more convenient for them) - was a bit easier for me because I had my hub as backup. We eventually found a sympathetic doctor who put me in contact with an experience midwife who was happy to initially plan for a homebirth but with contingency plans if it didn't all go well (I was still given a 50:50 chance if needing a c section though). To be honest, I'd ask around people you know to try to find a doctor who isn't dismissive of your concerns (even if they still wabt you to have a c section) - it'll help ease you worries. You may need to talk to a friend and bring back up when you confront your current doctor (if you have a male friend who would do this he may be more likely to take you seriously - whatever anyone says about equality, some men are just like that unfortunately). Insist that he takes your preferences seriously (you're giving birth not him!) and get him to fully explain the reasons for him wanting you to have a c section which are specific to YOU not the general population/statistics etc. - if he can't/won't answer that then you've got your answer really... Just remember that he cannot legally tell you that you have to have a C section. There's both sides of the argument on this website: http://www.homebirth.org.uk/twins.htm

As to schedules for the twins, we don't really have them. I make a todo list for the day and tick it off as I achieve something. We've got more of a routine now but when they first arrived I didn't really know night from day and they all kind of melted together... That was where the lists came in - just gave me a sense of achievement everytime I completed something! (stops you going crazy...).

All the best, Dahlia x

I'm in week 28 with our first children- twin boys. We moved to Sweden to go to graduate school but after lots of consideration we decided to try for kids. (Excellent free maternity care, flexible study schedules etc...). There is no history of twins in either of our families so we were a bit shocked to find out that we were expecting two (although very excited!). Needless to say, what we thought was a brilliant plan became a bit more of a challenge with this news.

I will be taking a break in my studies (purely because my program is more flexible and I can do most of it later from anywhere we end up) while my husband finishes his course work. We're expecting them to arrive sometime in July which will mean my husband will be around for about the first 6 weeks before he goes back to class. I am starting to get really nervous about how I will manage them on my own for most of the day without help! Plus we live in an apartment that is 400 sq ft so I am nervous about space. Any helpful hints from those who have been through this would be really welcome!
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

hi zaelia. Apologies for the delay in responding. First off huge congrats on your twins!! Only thing I can really say about twins in limited space is be prepared to live in a mess for a while - I was so tired that I didn't notice after a while... At least you have dh for those first 6 weeks. You'll get into a routine and get the hang of everything soon enough (just think you get twice the practice!). Best of luck with your twin boys. Do let us know what names you decide on eventually. Best wishes, D x

Hi everyone! I'm Suzy and I'm expecting twins. They're due in September but are most likely coming in August. So far I'm cruising through the second trimester an I'm currently at week 28. We're not really sure if I'll need a c-section. Like everyone, I'd prefer not to have one but if the babies need it then the babies will get it, you know?

So far the pregnancy is pretty okay. It was weird when I started to feel my twins moving inside of me. For awhile we thought it was only one baby but then my doctor noticed another baby kind of hiding behind the other one!

We found out that the babies are girls! We'll be naming them Amelia Joy and Atehna Maya and we're very excited. I already have a kindergartner (his kindergarten graduation is on Friday...they really do grow up fast..) named Benjamin Henry. He's really excited for his sisters and wasn't even upset that he wasn't having brothers because "Girls are pretty!"

I agree, I feel nausous a lot and sometimes all I want to do is lie down, and I don't have my husband around to watch out for me or anything. (Single mom.. :cry: ...it's a long story.) Sometimes I do burst into tears or randomly start scolding Benny but he understands that I don't really mean it, I'm just exhausted and hurting. I've been taking up stretching because apparently it's good for you while you're pregnant. Me and my son sing happy nursery songs every night to the babies, since apparently they like hearing your voice and respond positively to singing.

This pregnancy has been a LOT harder than my first. I don't know if I'm going to have more babies after Amelia and Athena, being a single working mother and all.

I don't know if I'm planning to b-feed or not, I guess I will, since I did with my first so it seems natrual to do it with my second and third. Benny really responded well to the b-milk and he liked it and he wasn't over or under weight so I guess it's not a bad thing to do.

I'm rambling. Sorry!
    Mother of the 6-year-old finger-painter, Benjamin Henry (and proud of it, too)

Also proud to be the mother of blue-eyed twins, Amelia Joy and Athena Maya, born Thursday, August 4, 2011.