Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Mums (and Dads!) expecting twins+!

May sound crude but we put a splodge of permenant marker (obv we check the ink we were using was safe first!) on Ollie foot...! I am starting to be able to tell them apart now though as their personalities start come through but I will admit to using the marker splodge occasionally! I know someone else who painted one of their twin girls toenails with nail varnish. I'd just find someway of discreetly marking one of them that isn't going to be easily removed so you can check if you're not sure. Although I have to say I already notice quite a lot of differences between them in sleeping/feeding patterns and general temperament which I assume will just increase as they get older? so I wouldn't worry about it!

I'm not expecting but I'm a twin(Identical), my sis and I were born premature, and my mom had a c- section, she says it wasn't bad at all and that if you do have a c- section don't just sit around and let the pain accumalate because it hurts more when you have to move. She said that you have to walk. While your in the hospital taking a walk is good. Besides she couldn't hold us with us being in nicu and everything.

We are her only children so no adjustment with other siblings or us with any younger siblings.

We have different initials so our monogramed and personalized stuff was truly ours.

Good luck with the new babies. Any advice on them when they get older just pm me i'm gladly and willing to help.
    A twin hoping for twins

Hello Dahlia.

I am not expecting twins but I have almost 11 month old boy/girl twins who are named Oliver Luca & Iris Lucia.

We have a history of multiples in the family. My mom had 3 sets but only 2 surviving sets, 2 set of identical and 1 set of fraternal. When I was pregnant with my twins I didn't have any living children. I have an angel daughter who would have been 20 months old named Lillian Hazel "Lily". I am now expecting another baby, I am 17 weeks with a little boy who will be named Miles Harrison. My twins and baby boy will be just 16 months apart.

I didn't try for a natural birth. I had a schedualed c-section at 36 weeks because we lost our daughter at 37 weeks and didn't want to take the change of losing 1 or both of our twins. My twins were tiny little peanuts and still are they weighed 4lb 6oz and 4lb 3oz and were both 16 inches long at birth now at almost 11 months old. Oliver is 18lb 2oz and Iris is 14lb 8oz. We are hoping for a fullterm natural birth for baby Miles.
    Lily (stillborn 04/30/09), Oliver & Iris (born 02/15/10), Miles (born 06/01/11), Alice (stillborn 11/11/12) and Felix (born 12/10/13)

I am also not expecting twins, but I have three year old boy/girl twins named Sophia Rose and James Alexander.

Twins definitely run in my family, I have four siblings, two of them are fraternal twins. My sister Jennifer who has a twin sister, also has boy/girl twins, my grandma was a twin. Twins also run on my husbands side. He actually has a twin brother, and has several cousins that have twins or are a twin.

I was pretty concerned about this pregnancy, they were my 8th and 9th babies and my body was pretty exhausted. But everything seemed to go well, but I ended up having a c-section because they weren't cooperating. They are now healthy three years olds and about to get a baby sister.

jls123, pixielily and mamarachel: Welcome to the multiples post!

My boys are now 2 months old andI would just like to share the excitement of the first night of 5 hours of simultaneous sleep!! Woohoo!!!!

Hope you are all well! Dahlia x