Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are some names you love but would never use?

And why wouldn't you use them? Popularity? Because they're a bit too odd?

Mine are:

Salem (for a boy) - It would always be associated with the Witch Trials
    [name]Noah[name] (for a boy) - Too popular
    Sophia - Once again, too popular

Re: What are some names you love but would never use?

Well, I have a few:
    Nikki-I think its a great name, but everyone else I ask about it thinks it's a hideous name.
    Vikkie-I like how it sounds but every spelling looks weird.
    Lola-I love it so much, but it sounds more nick-namey.
    Miley-I know what you're thinking, don't even say it because that's why
    Emily-It just gets so boring that every time you turn you see an Emily.
    Brittany-I hate a lot of Brittanys I meet. Well, so far they've all been rotten but oh well that might change.

Violet - Pronounciation issues. Sometimes I hate that I don't live in an English speaking country!!
    Alice - Love it, but eveytime my mom hears that name, she starts singing a really annoying song, so it's out.
    Imogen - Again pronounciation issues.
    Maisie - too nicknamy
    Beatrix - Like it, but it's our queen's name, so for me it'll always be associated with her..
    Iris - I grew up with 4 friends named Iris (they are all in their early 20's now). Waaay too popular here.
    Evangeline - Would probably be prounced the French way, and I really don't like that pronounciation.
    Aurora nn Rory - Can't even pronounce it properly myself. But it's such a pretty name!
    Veronica - Name of a Dutch tv station.
    Adelaide - Love it, but can't get people to pronounce it right, and I strongly dislike the Dutch version Adelheid.

Anatole - He would probably get teased with the Ana part of his name
    Theodore - I know a lot of 50something year old Theo's, so that one's out.
    Christiaan/Christopher - Love these names, but I strongly dislike the nn Chris.
    Matthew - Pronounciation issues.

Btw, I love the name Salem! Maybe you could use it as a middle name?

These are names that I love. I may use them one day but as of now, they're out of the question.
    Kendall - My mother hates it and it's kinda a trendy name.
    Kelsey - Same reason as Kendall.
    Ayanna - I love this name and it has a beautiful meaning however, my mother hates it and I think it may be a little too abnormal for me.
    Claire - Love it, but a girl in my class at school who is super annoying has this name.
    Caroline - Love this name to pieces but several of my extended family members have this name as well as a close friend of mine.

I love these names but I don't know if I can bring myself to use them!
    "When the light falls on your face, don't let it change you
    When the stars get in your eyes, don't let it blind you
    You're beautiful, just the way you are
    And I love it all, every line and every scar"

Rufus- I love this name! It's so spunky and has a great vibe to it, but growing up my mom had a dog named Rufus the Doofus. Now everyone in my family automatically associates Rufus with doofus.

Henry- I love the name because of its strength and history. However, this is the name of my sister's cat.

Ethel- I think this name is so sweet, but everyone has condemned Ethel to the nursing home and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ramsey/Ramsay- Another spunky name with a great vibe. Unfortunately in my town, the Ramsay family owns the local funeral home, so my family and friends immediately associate Ramsey/Ramsay with death and funerals. So that's out.

Meredith- I would love to use Meredith as a middle name for a son. However, every Meredith I've ever met was very unpleasant, to put it nicely. I don't think I'd ever be able to get past those associations. There's also that teeny tiny problem with Meredith being so popular for girls.

That's all I can think of for now.