Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

My character needs a name!!

Hey Everyone. So I give name advice here all the time, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out now. When I'm not on Nameberry I'm a student and a writer, and I need your help. I'm writing a short story for my creative fiction class, and my proposal is due very soon and my character still does not have a name. Normally I come up with the character name quite easily, but for some reason this one is tough. Okay, here's a brief description of my character- hopefully a name will strike you!

She's from a small town near Boston. She was born in 1988, she has a sister (unnamed at the moment), her father is a doctor and her mother stays home. Her childhood was very quintessential and traditional. Her mother is Jewish, her father is Protestant, and she was raised as a mix of the two. In the story she has recently graduated college and is anxiously embarking on her real life, which is at the beginning of the story, unplanned- she's on a journey of sorts, but she's not sure where exactly she's going. She is very smart and is well-loved but often comes off as snobbish or narcissistic because she is set in her ways. She is an extrovert and is very passionate about her close friends and is a passionate person in general, often feeling too much and acting upon her feelings too quickly. She is petite and has long light brown hair and green eyes, which she believes are her best feature.

Ideally her name won't be too common and will have an interesting meaning. I have a few names floating around in my head but I'd like to see what you can come up with first.

Thanks SO much,
    Freckles
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker