Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to name a Female German Character?

Hello namberry! AJ here, and in dire need of some name magic!
    I write. A lot. Currently, I'm working on a prject that takes place between 1916 and 1927. The main charactor marries multiple men before her 25th birthday, and is a chipper, happy charactor. The problem is, I figured out everything about this charactor EXCEPT what her name should be.

I tried to come up with a few options, but only a few seemed to fit. This character is of Belgium origin, but the name doesn't have to be German, French or Dutch.
    Now, these are the names I have come up with in the past week.
    1) Dahlia- like the flower. Picture anyone with this name with a dark personality.
    2) Viola- My Great-grandmother who ran away with her husband at 18 (an inspriation in a sort)
    3) Esme- I like the name. That's all.
    4) Violet- When origionally drafting, I used this as the first name, changing it only because I saw the character as spoiled.

Okay. Help please! If you have name suggstions of your own, please feel free to mention them! Much apreciation!
    -Athena
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Re: What to name a Female German Character?

The first name I thought of was Lorelei (the siren of the Rhine who songs entice men to crash their ships on the rocks!). I have strange ideas sometimes. What about these names....
    Bettina
    Romy
    Maude
    Zelda
    Beata
    Augusta
    Frieda
    Hilda
    Helga
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa
    The first name I thought of was Lorelei (the siren of the Rhine who songs entice men to crash their ships on the rocks!). I have strange ideas sometimes. What about these names....
    Bettina
    Romy
    Maude
    Zelda
    Beata
    Augusta
    Frieda
    Hilda
    Helga

Thank you! My favorites on your list are Bettina (character does ballet) and Romy (sorta unisex, which I love!). Thank you!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

What an interesting character!

From your list I like Violet, and this also made me think of Violette which has a more European feel to me. And I associate it with strong women like Violette Szabo.

I also thought of:

Rosa
    Simone
    Babette
    Veronique
    Edita
    Elsa
    Ulrika
    Current Favourites: Sophie, Rose, Elsa, May, Anna, Charlotte, Ada, Georgina, Juliet, Rosalie, Amelina, Flora, Louis, Dominic, Julian, Simon, Alan, Ivan and Alistair.
    Love but Can't/Won't Use: Emmanuelle, Autumn, Emily, Emmeline, April, Rosamund, Thomasin, Ruby, Roscoe, Etienne, Emile, James, Quincy, Quentin.