Names Searched Right Now:
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Re: MN help for a couple FNs

Did I say Sophia Giselle? Yea, I like it, too... ;-)

Hm. Okay, you can be bold, Erica, I know it! Madeleine Moxie ups the ante - I have no idea how to spell that phrase! - on Madeleine, right? I'm sorry, I'm still kind of attached to Mimi for some reason. But whatever that nickname Laura suggested - it was Laura, right? - was cool, too. Was it Malou? I also liked the idea of Madeleine Maya, oh, and Madeleine Monet! Love Monet!

About Sophia Scarlett versus Scarlett Sophia: Obviously Scarlett Sophia isn't an option, since Brent doesn't care for Scarlett as a first name, but I don't think Sophia Scarlett sounds bad! In fact, I love it! I really think if I had a daughter named Sophia Scarlett I'd want to shout her full name a lot - hopefully, she'd be a trouble maker or else that might be weird. Ha! Anyway, I guess I'm just saying if you don't think anything else has the same spark, maybe you should just keep it on the list! It's so, so lovely!

Lauren
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

To everything Lauren just said about Sophia Scarlett.........AGREED! Love it!
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

Oh, don't worry ladies... Sophia Scarlett is most definitely still on the list!

Erica - random thought. I was just wondering why it is I find Isabel closer to Gabriella than Annabel then I realised, when I say Isabel, my mind immediately jumps to the even more popular Isabella which I'm sure most people agree would sound ridiculous with Gabriella. But Annabel is just Annabel. Annabella is extremely rare if used at all so I never think of it when saying Annabel and I don't personally think Annabel itself sounds anything like Gabriella. So yeah that's where I think the difference is for me. Oh and I agree with you Annabel has a very British feel to me. So that's my conclusion on that topic! Sorry my mind works in strange ways lol!

And I'm glad Sophia Scarlett is still on the list :-) Don't suppose you like Sophia Sadie, Sophia Pearl or Sophia Seren? Bed time for me now! Hopefully there'll be a poll by the time I get up tomorrow :-) Happy weekend guys!
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

Erica-

The NN thoughts you bring up are exactly what I have been thinking about (for you and me) lately.
    I started thinking about how you dont love the nn Anna (for Annabel) and how Brent doesnt love Belle. (Is Anna a really bad association for you or just something you dont really love/care for right now?) I was going to go into this speech about how you never know if you really like something until you see it on a child, particularly your child. But- you basically said the same thing w/ Gabys nn. Maybe you will grow to like Anna or maybe you will stick with Belle and others will call her Anna and you will be ok with that. (if they use a nn at all).

For me, I think of the name Fifi now who actually sits around saying wow, I wish I could have a baby nicknamed fifi ? (sorry, but its SO a dog or a French maid name). For Fiona, I was originally so against Fi/Fee as a nn just because I thought it sounded kinda lame. I wanted Fay and then heard Fina and Fia as good options. Well, I started loving Fi/Fee. Then, if you would believe it, the other day I called her Fifi.. and it just felt normal and right! I could suddenly imagine calling a child Fifi.

And another example is Scarlett a lot of people here say they cant deal w/ the name because it starts w/ Scar and people will call her scar. Well no one out of the family has ever called her Scar before. I fully admit, scar is not a nice name. but I also fully admit that Ive called her Scar before and there is nothing wrong w/ it!

Sophia Scarlett is very cool! I love it w/ Gaby's name too.
    How about:
    Sophia Celeste
    Sophia Lily
    Sophia Hope
    and I like Laura's suggestion of Sophia Pearl

Sophia Scarlett or Annabel Ava are my two favorites for you today
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (15 mo.) & Coraline (15 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~